Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with you fay. It amazes me how people just can't be grateful. If someone walking I front of you whilst taking a picture is one of your main points of annoyance for the expo then all I have to say is WOW. There was a great array of animals for sale. Guess its just hard to please everyone Fay

Was an awasome expo and I think it is the best one around..... proves it by how many people turn up. You just have to be patient and wade your way thru the people to look at all the stands + the 'ring in's' will add to the hobby's future.

Best part in my opinion is the Air con for the comfort of all the people visiting and even more important the comfort of the vendors themselves standing there all day and their animals not over heating. Well done to the people who organised it,advertised it and put the hard work in on the day ( logisical nightmare I would think ).

Thanks to the organisers and volunteers for putting on a really good day.The crowds were huge as usual which just goes to show how popular these days really are.Things like this only serve to help grow the hobby and that has to be a good thing for everyone.

To the ones thinking they could do better there is nothing stopping you from putting together one that meets with your approval.

Kids looking at the animals on display? Well they are the future of the hobby so in my mind it's great to see.

People talking to stall holders,well that is a big part of expos as answering their questions ends up getting people who are thinking about getting started keeping reptiles into them.

As far as not being able to take pics because people would get in front of the camera,well one of my annoyances was people taking pics without even having the courtesy to ask first.

On behalf of the Hawkesbury Herp Society, I'd like to thank everyone involved, volunteers who helped set up and manned the doors and stalls, the exhibitors, vendors, entertainers and attendees. Without you all, the day wouldn't have been as successful as it was.

Thanks for the kind words, and for those that weren't happy, we will take that on board and try to improve those areas next year.

We are looking forward to doing it all again next year- bigger and better!

i dont know how people could miss this stuff some of these reps were mine on a mates table so i know there were more then a few beardies and bluies , maybe have to get out of bed before noon
did you guys miss all the lizards?
There was
eastern beardies
central beardies ( orangexyellow/yellow/normals) some of them had massive parents
eastern x central hybrids
mountain dragons 30-50
jacky dragons 30-50
water dragons 20-40
central netted dragons 75-100

eastern hooded scaly foots 300/pr for yearlings
One tree skink 100ea
king skinks 250ea
2 young hosmers 200ea
northern blues 60ea for babies
eastern blues
black easterns 500-700
blotched blue tongues
shinglebacks from $150a
egernia depressa were $1350/pr
cunninghams 60-70
lots of knobbies, 2 or 3 velvets
some ackies 270ea

prob more i cant think off
adult green tree snakes $300ea

i think if you dont want members of the public taking pics then you shouldnt have them at a show !! thats just petty

Thanks to the organisers and volunteers for putting on a really good day.The crowds were huge as usual which just goes to show how popular these days really are.Things like this only serve to help grow the hobby and that has to be a good thing for everyone.

To the ones thinking they could do better there is nothing stopping you from putting together one that meets with your approval.

Kids looking at the animals on display? Well they are the future of the hobby so in my mind it's great to see.

People talking to stall holders,well that is a big part of expos as answering their questions ends up getting people who are thinking about getting started keeping reptiles into them.

As far as not being able to take pics because people would get in front of the camera,well one of my annoyances was people taking pics without even having the courtesy to ask first.

Last edited:
i think if you dont want members of the public taking pics then you should have them at a show !! thats just petty

That is not what I wrote.The right thing to do would be to ask first.It's called manners.

HHS show

Firstly I would like to thank all the people who attended our show, and our sponsors, reptile 1 and F10 and scales and tails, all the volunteers who worked effortlessly and to the breeders and commercial stall holders who were there, and to HHS committee who over the past few months of organising put everything they had into the day. Hawkesbury herps will continue hosting the penrith reptile expo. Yes I have seen the complaints, not enough light, music was too loud, etc. taken on board. We are trying to make this event family friendly, as the younger generation are our upcoming herpers and we need to nurture and guide the younger kids into our hobby. Yes I agree the lighting was dim, but to add more lighting would have added more to the cost of a stall, and driven the prices higher. We aim to rectify this next year but we also want to keep the costs of the hire down otherwise it may cost you more to enter. Obviously those of you who had the minor complaints such as too many kids, music too loud have never been to a real expo such as the American ones, where it's like Disneyland and you just cannot move all day because of the crowds.
Again, thanks to everyone for another successfully show
John Mostyn
President HHS

its in your quote so yes you wrote it ,i didnt change a thing

thats how it came across
That is not what I wrote.The right thing to do would be to ask first.It's called manners.

Agreed was drunken father in law style wedding music but kids seemed happy

its in your quote so yes you wrote it ,i didnt change a thing

thats how it came across
He said people didn't have the courtesy to ask. This implies he had no problem with people taking them as long as they'd asked first. This thread is about the expo. Take your bickering elsewhere.

I was a volunteer for the day and I loved every minute of it. John and Colin work so hard to put it all together and it's great to see it pay off for them. Bring on 2014!

Maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I'm still excited that we have reptile expos at all. It doesn't feel all that long ago that we were having that interminably long debate in NSW about whether to properly legalise reptile-keeping. And now here we are - four expos in just a handful of weeks. There's always room for improvement, but I love them.

I was another close to parting with more cash than I had for those green tree snakes, at least one. great bargain.

yes big turnout but without the crowds the event wouldn't be successful enough to return. great effort from everyone involved.

I'm with Wiganov going back to pre legislation/licencing days expo's or even keeping reptiles legally was not possible' I'm still pinching myself with what we have these days, I think its fantastic and hats off to those organising them for us.

green tree snakes not pythons two different families of snakes

green tree snakes Dendrelaphis punctulata (colubridae) family
green tree python Morelia virdis (pythonidae) family

I know, I just made a mistake?
I know the differences between them, just accidentally said pythons.

It was a good expo, and i enjoyed catching up with people I haven't seen for a while. I know how hard john and the guys work leading up to it and on the day, all for our benefit. Thanks guys. No complaints from me.
I had something to add about the gripers, but I couldn't be bothered wasting my energy, I saw a heap of dads in there, talking to their kids while pointing out the snakes etc, and the kids were spellbound. There was a big crew of happy kids at the demo's too. It was a good venue with heaps of parking and room inside. Great effort I reckon and a credit to the organisers. cheers

This is a pic of the MD I picked up, not a great pic but I like him. IMG_6555.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back