Trying to get my water python on to rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh..what would I know about water pythons anyway?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 65
I actually never said anything about not knowing anything about water pythons. Or lack of knowledge of anything for that matter. I made this post cause the breeder I but off told me what I had to do. I aprpreciate everyones opinion. Not saying anyone is wrong. Very nice looking python.

I would agree, I fed my water multiple adult mice for a while before switching to rats, although I've always offered a fair variety of mice, rats and quail of varying sizes,from my point of view easing the transition. eg: two adult mice, or an adult mouse followed by a pinky rat or few day old quail & mixing it up every week. Never EVER has a problem feeding & has never bitten.
I still believe (from learning from experienced people here) that multiple small items are always better & more successful than single items that are too large, regardless of what it is.

Last edited:
Where does he mention feeding pinkie rats?

The first two comments are from newbies. Look at peoples age and even when they joined. Hardly someone like Jamie with over 50 years experience who joined back in 05.
Like Jamie said no need to feed rats yet. More nutrition in an adult or weaner mouse.

I agree with this 100%. I can only draw on my own experience and things I've read, and my experience is fairly limited as of yet.. Extremely so when compared with someone like Jamie.

x

Last edited:
This is a vid of how i feed my Jungle .Tie the mouse to the head upper body of the rat with a bit of cotton .She wont eat rat and scenting doesn't work but as you can see in the vid she has no problems taking the mouse/rat .Mouse is an adult and rat is a weaner. Feeding a Jungle . - YouTube

clever idea! lol oh and i still jump every time they strike...just did then as i watched him go for it :)

i had a stimmy that refused rats for weeks it wasnt until i defrosted them with mice in the same bag that he would eat them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back