Snake skins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deep fry mine in beer batter, deliciously crunchy.

use them to cover books cut them to size, a bit of spray adhesive and then clear contact or clear plastic sheet. they look great.

I wrap a few around my letter box and keep a couple on the front porch, seems to have stopped almost every annoying person I can think knocking on the door. Even family!

A true herper uses them for condoms, I use scrub python skins myself lol

I take it you mean hatchies :p

i had a lady who used to buy them off me to make lap shades! Never actually saw her product but I could imagine the light shinning through the skins would make a cool effect!

I take it you mean hatchies :p

i had a lady who used to buy them off me to make lap shades! Never actually saw her product but I could imagine the light shinning through the skins would make a cool effect!

Ha ha JrFear "lap shades" are they for lap dancing. They would be good for that cos they're see thru :)

I wrap a few around my letter box and keep a couple on the front porch, seems to have stopped almost every annoying person I can think knocking on the door. Even family!

<3 this.. *tapping desk impatiently waiting for snake to shed*

I have had my full skins laminated....great for displays....people (especially kids) can touch and look without destroying the skin.....also shows the comparison between snake size and skin size.

Smaller pieces have also been laminated for the same reasons but also used for ID training (scale counts etc)

Daz

i collected a bunch for a girl that made lamp shades out of them,..i thought she was weird, now i see theres more weirdos out there!!

Thinking about making a wind sock out of my 2m Murray darlings last one lol

I saw some sloughs on etsy.com and thought who would pay money for those. After reading this thread I stand corrected, there seem to be a few people who want them. Mine get donated to the bin.

Last edited:
1/ Snake Skin Soup
2/ Leave laying around the smokers area at work and see OH&S go into a frenzy, (thanks for that suggestion Moose)
3/ We give them out to kids at the SOFAR Expo, (on next weekend in Newcastle).

3/ We give them out to kids at the SOFAR Expo, (on next weekend in Newcastle).

They also did this when we were up there a few years ago.The only problem is that the kids were taking them out of the bags and carrying them around while visiting all the other stalls.Are the skins treated in any way to stop the potential of spreading any nasties?

use them to cover books cut them to size, a bit of spray adhesive and then clear contact or clear plastic sheet. they look great.

So doing this next year!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Just put some snake skin under my phone cover. Looks alright. Pretty fiddley though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back