Newbie - My new coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asha_007

Reaction score
Picked this guy up last night and fell in love! However, Im worried he (an assumtion because of his length, not too sure on the sex) is a little on the small side. 9 years old and approximately 5 1/2 foot. Apparently eating jumbo rats every 3 - 4 weeks and I'm wondering whether I should change it to every 2 weeks? Also, his markings on his head appear to be more like a jungle so I'm wondering whether he may in fact be a x and if so, probably isnt on the small side!

Im so relieved he only spent about an hour in hiding after the car trip and is already out and looking super relaxed! Sorry the pics are side ways, can't seem to change them from my phone.

Coastal 1.JPGCoastal 2.JPG

Last edited:
beautiful snake welcome to the hobby. there is know need to feed him more but you could do every two weeks if you like you don't need to stick to a schedule, snakes are opportunistic feeders

Welcome :) I wouldn't worry too much if he's active and healthy, all sizes given for snakes are average not law, so yeah you could get a 9ft coastal or you could get a 6ft one lol it's the luck of the draw :)

Thanks guys, I think I just expected him to be a lot bigger after looking at the size of some of the coastals on here I guess!

niice coastal
coastals are cooly cool

If in fact he is 9years old then 2medium-1large rat every 2-3 weeks would be enough..hes done most of his growing...The body condition looks good so no need to worry about pumping more food in..JMO

Last edited:
If in fact he is 9years old then 2medium-1large rat every 2-3 weeks would be enough..hes done most of his growing...The body condition looks good so no need to worry about pumping more food in..JMO

Thanks, do you think he has jungle in him or just a coastal?

he looks like a coastal to me but his patterns are interesting sorta similiar to an murray darling

nice coastal! lol dont stress about the size just feed him more often if u r concerned :) i have the opposite problem lol my 15 mth old is about the same length already lol and would eat me if he could :lol: loves his tucker.

Thanks guys. The poor thing is spending 22 hours in his hide. Was kept in the garage at his old place so I don't think he's used to all the movement going on! Can't wait till he is settled.

Thanks guys. The poor thing is spending 22 hours in his hide. Was kept in the garage at his old place so I don't think he's used to all the movement going on! Can't wait till he is settled.

Try putting a sheet over the glass for a while so he gets used to his new environment.

Try putting a sheet over the glass for a while so he gets used to his new environment.

He's still in the same enclosure. Nothing different in the enclosure itself, just us outside of it :) would the sheet still make a difference?

He's still in the same enclosure. Nothing different in the enclosure itself, just us outside of it :) would the sheet still make a difference?

Wouldn't hurt to try, might be feeling a little stressed by the move. Even if you leave it on during the day for a while do he gets used to the passing traffic so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back