Weighing snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffherper

Reaction score
Hey guys, for those who weigh their snakes what scales do you use? I can't seem to find a set of scales to easily and accurately weigh my snakes.

I use a kitchen scale my hatlings and a human scale for adults. Its stand on the scale get my wieght and then stand on it with my snake. Give me a rough idea.

Yeah I broght some cheap digital kitchen type scales off ebay.
But since my Snakes are getting too big for them, I'll have to get some hook type scales and hang them in a bag/pillow case.

i use the ones at my local Coles lol (kidding) but it has crossed my mind!

I am glad u started this thread because ive been wondering the same....i must have a look on ebay and get some 4 mine.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure Coles wouldn't mind me bringing my snakes to the fruit and veg section :) Hatchies are easy on the digital sales but the bigger the snake the harder it seems to be. I have always put the snakes in a box on the scales and minused the weight of the box from that value. Only problem is that big snake = big box which is perched on tiny scales. I like the idea of scales of using the pillow case ill check out ebay :)

The scales you are all talking about are the spring scales. They are quite cheap and super easy to use. As I don't have big snakes I just use kitchen scales. Tare the weight of the box, add snake and done. Too easy. :)

i just use digital kitchen scales i got off ebay for $8. i putthe box on the scale, tare the box, put the snake in and -voila- i have my weight. For snake that weig over about 500grams i use a pillow case and hanging scales (also known as fishing scales) i got from big w.

I use a big bowl or their hide on the kitchen scale and adjust then put snake on the bowl

Gold measuring scales made by Pesola for me of different sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back