scammers are at it again.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys. cant wait to pick her up. I dont know what henry puss is going to think of an inside dog, hes not too fussed on the out door guys....

so true, i also have danes in fact i am sitting here with my old girl as i write, it is nearly time for her to depart:(, we have had a wonderful 9 yrs together, i will miss her, and i will love her daughter as i have her. :) THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A DANE!

I'm trying to sell my car (which I did today, yayy!) but this is what you get when you advertise on Gumtree...
...am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday off shore oil rig department,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it., i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I can only pay with PayPal here, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to paypal and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now...

OMG, this is exactly the same words on the email he sent me when 'buiyng' my Vespa!!!!

Every single word, note the strategy: oil rig, phone down, Paypal payment etc. etc.

He just copies and pastes his text, word by word – lazy bastard... ah, ah, luckily his that dumb!

Last edited:
On a side note be very careful where you buy puppies from make sure you get one from a registered breeder as there are heaps of puppy farms in australia selling dogs with no real thought to genetic defects and living conditions .
And make sure you can see both parents as some times they use a residential address as a front and make all sorts of excuses as to where the parents of your puppy are.
I hope i can do this but i suggest a website called "dogsonline" they have done most of the hard work for you by venting who can advertise on there but still be care full .
And remember when buying a pedigree dog cheaper is not necessarily better , there is no point spending less money on the initial price when the vet bills on an inferior animal will make up the difference in the first year.
Or even better adopt a dog from a rescue organization which has already been vet checked and temperament checked .
my 5 cents.

This is good info but with the seeing both parents i would say majority of breeders only keep females and just pay for the sire to do his job and go home.

2013 even!

Hi guys, I am very new at this and created an account just for this thread. You may not believe me when I tell you this; buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut look at this. This is the guy you're talking about and it's 2013! superb german sheperd pups for sale | Dogs & Puppies | Gumtree Australia Camden Area - Narellan Vale

I've also added an image of what he sent me, tell me if you can see it! I don't know what it was, but something told me to do some more research about this guy and I found this thread by looking up the guy's address on the internet ahahahaha thank you so much for posting this guys!

Scammers are using puppies as bait in a con targeting Western Australians.Scammers are advertising a puppy for sale in newspapers or online, often providing an email address as a contact point.
The puppy being advertised is often an English bulldog, Yorkie, pug, Boston terriers or Australian shepherd with an asking price of $500 or $700. The puppy is supposedly home trained and good with children.
The scammers come up with various explanations about why they are selling the puppy.
Some claim that the dog is in Australia and the owner has been transferred to West Africa to work for the United Nations. Others masquerade as Western Australians even though they are located overseas. Some scammers even hijack people’s profiles on internet auction or sales sites and use the seller’s reputation to lull potential buyers into a false sense of security.
The seller requests that payment be sent by wire transfer to a local or overseas wire transfer agency. The seller then says the dog will be shipped to the consumer’s address. However the puppy never arrives.
In one case, a regional consumer wired $500 but no dog arrived. He was then told there had been a shipping problem and was asked to send a further $100. When he still didn’t receive his puppy, he asked a friend to pretend to be a buyer and contact the seller. His friend was told the puppy was still available.
Another consumer was fooled into believing she was dealing with someone living in a large regional Western Australian town and was asked to send the money to a local wire transfer agency. However the scammer was actually located in Africa and the money was picked up in Cameroon.
WA ScamNet advises consumers to be cautious of purchasing goods sight unseen from strangers, especially if they request money be sent via wire transfer.
Resist pressure to act now. If you have any doubts, don't go ahead with the deal.
Please remember that there are legitimate sellers who advertise puppies for sale on websites but you should seek to independently verify their identity. For more information about buying a pet see Consumer Protection's guide to buying a pet

As for your Felix Cameroon he doesn't exsits and certainly isn't a Police Officer.

Do your research even from a reputable breeder before handling any money over. I was ripped by a reputable breeder and $2000 spent on puppy and at 4months old puppy had to be put to sleep so big time I say Buyer Beware.

Hmm..Felix Perth, located in Cameroon maybe? I know a guy there, his grandad is very sick and needs money for treatment.

Well, it's a quiet night at work so I've decided to mess with some scammers.... The scammer of choice this evening is giving away blue and gold macaws due to leaving the country for medical treatment.... I'll keep you updated on how hard I can revv this clown up....

Last night I got bored so I decided to have a bit of fun with a scammer that I've messed around with in the past, he's advertising macaws this time... Here is a copy of the email and my responses. I have removed my contact details but I've left the scammers details. The email starts from the bottom of the page and ends at the top with me giving my "girlfriends" details and asking for his bank details and PIN... Still waiting for him to get back to me.... I hope I get these 2 macaws....lol

Ok, they'll go in my girlfriends details

Her details are as follows
Youra Schammingprik (She's half Yugoslav and half Thai, very nice)
Her address is: 12 farkorff way, Double Bay NSW

If you can send me your bank details I can put the cash in tonight.
I'll need your name, the name of your bank, Branch number and account number, I'll also require your personal identification number to finalise the transaction.
Please send these details ASAP so I can pay quickly....
Thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 06:15:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Two macaw Parrots
To:

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply, i am very sorry that my number is already put on hold as i will be leaving for the USA soon, I tried to connect back as i placed the ad but it was already late as it was disconnected form the system but anyway i am very moved with your mail
because it makes enough sense and now i feel assured that i am giving
these pets to a good and safe home and i am glad that you have some
experience in taking care of pets and i am also glad about the
guarantee that you have given me. I would have loved for you to come along and pick them up
but i live in Darwin but God so great i will use the pet transport agency here in
Darwin which will cost 300$ for one hence making it 600$(male and female)and they are going to be
delivered at your door steps as the agency does door to door delivery.
When i place them on board the agency is going to contact you with the
following details:
When they shall be arriving,
how you are to make the payment.
How to sign the transfer of ownership documents. And you are going to be making the payment directly to the agency.
If you are Ok with this then you then you have to get back to me
with the following information so that i can place them on board first thing in the morning
so that you can be receiving them soon enough.
Your mobile and land line, House address, and full name.
The above information is needed because when i place the birds on
board the agency is going to trace your house easily and deliver them to you safe and sound.
so get back to me with the above information so that i can ship these birds
to you. And one more thing, i am glad that you have assured me about
the birds and would love for you to give me some updates of them when they
arrive you so that i can see their new environment.
thanks
Doris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:19 AM
Subject: RE: Two macaw Parrots

Hi there
The pics you sent didn't work, I'm happy to have you come around and have a look at their enclosure. I have 2 kids who are great with animals and am married. I'm at double bay in Sydney but am willing to travel as required. Whereabouts are you located?
Thanks
Mick

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back