Stupid Questions and Replies....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieBald

Reaction score
So over the past coupl of months I have begun to notice the questions I have been getting.... over christmas with all the cousins and uncles ect over at my place, they asked questions like:
What are you going to do when your snakes get big?
I can never find an answer for this.... I always reply with something like, 1 by 1 Im going to make snake kebabs out of them.. (I never will).
So my point is, what is the most unanswerable question you have been ask and how do you reply. Do you try and explan or just mess with them like me.

I mess with them.
" How do you sleep know there are snakes in the house?" um.. with a bed and a pillow

Yeh some of the stuff people say or ask is funny.
Was on a site today and was asked a heap of questions. Didnt mess with the poor gal.. Movies had corrupted her.

Answer: build bigger enclosures...
That wont stop them.... They will think of things like 'Remember the kid that got bitten on the news' and 'The snake catcher that was attacked' and then say what if it happens to you, its hard to explain these things to non reptile people.

lol i love the comments about them hearing about this person who got sized up by his big python :lol: apparently... lol and i often get asked does he bite and i straight out say he might and he can but worst case i will head for the tap or dogs water bucket, i get looks like this little smiley :shock:

I get how can you have snakes as pets and how can you hold them? How can you sit and watch them eat poor little rats. Or the other one is what about your kids aren't you worried about them.

I answer with how can I not have snakes for pets. Hold them here you try it. Who said I watch them eat I don't watch my other animals eat. As for my kids well the snakes are safe with the kids plus the kids are to big for the snakes to swollow

Q: So what do you feed them?
A: feral children. The neighborhood is really quiet now.

Q: So where are these snakes you have?
A: Probably hiding in one of the cupboards. Or possibly sunning themselves on the window sill.

Q: Can you cuddle them?
A: Sure. Their hugs are breath taking.

Q: Are they poisonous?
A: No. I've heard they are quite delicious.

Nah, I prefer the look on their face when I tell them I breed my own roaches : )
That raises more questions than it answers.

I get asked whether they bite.
I say yes and they freak like :shock: THEY BITE? ARENT YOU SCARED!!???
No. My dog bites me more than snakes. lol

Or the same old: What will you do when he's bigger? umm change enclosures and feed size. :rolleyes:
Are they poisonous? No. Snakes aren't poisonous.
But what about brown snakes? Nope not poisonous either.
But, but they've killed people!? Yeah.
So they're poisonous!!! Nope not poisonous. Then I leave, leaving them extremely confused. :D

Or Wouldn't it eat your dog? No my dog weighs some 25+ kilos. My snakes mouth is smaller than one of her toes.

And of course the whole. You have a snake!!?? What the hell? Haven't you heard the stories of them lying next to you in bed sizing you up?? Yes I've heard the stories aka rubbish
And then they complain about animal cruelty when they see my juvenile in a click clack with paper towel and terracotta pot hides. :rolleyes: typical.
Got told this from a vaguely distant mate: Hey you keep snakes? I saw a death adder in my garden yesterday. (lives in Vic)
Reply: umm no you didn't.
How do you know?
Reply: I stalk you :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha it's good too know that I'm not the only person who takes note of these questions. It's like everyone talks to each other to make they ask the same question....

tell them your going surfing! thats what you do with them dont ya! lol i get that a lot as well

I'm just getting really sick of the people who say 'the only good snake is a dead snake', for some reason i feel compulsed to slap them

reply the only good annoying person is a dead one......

What are you going to feed them when they get bigger?: Well I have some catnip in the garden and you see that smaller freezer next to my fridge.... Well it's already full.

In the last couple of weeks I've had the sorry about a ladies snake sizing her up in bed and having to get rid of it. This person then argued with me about it being a real issue with snakes.... And also had someone telling me all about the pythons that bred with venomous snakes and bite people. What a dangerous hobby lol

The most commmon ones would be:
You have snakes? :shock:
Yes.
How big are they?
About a meter
Thant's huge!
They're stilll babies
:shock: How much bigger will the get
Another 1-2 meters
Won't they eat you?
No, but they might like how you taste ;)

The old "your python sizes you up when you sleep" one. I keep my woma in a locked enclosure in my room. It is really is amazing I am still alive.

I also love when you have people over who don't realise you pythons. I keep my woma hatchy in his click clack in the living room.

Friend: AAAHHH! WHAT IS THAT?
me: a baby snake.
Friend: A TIGER?
Me: No. I'm pretty sure it is a snake.
Friend: -_-

I do find it highly amusing, how anyone can be afraid of a 30cm stripey worm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back