Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
I was cruising around Bendigo yesterday and pulled up to a pet shop to get some stuff and there was a reptile demo going on out the front so stopped and looked with the kids before going inside. And then i started to notice the total disregard for the animals well being. He had jungle carpets in glass tanks with kids tapping on the glass, at one stage he put a smallish sand goanna directly on the black bituman, it would have been 35 i'd say in bendigo so can only imagine how how the ground was, and then the worst one was a BHP in one of those insect enclosures the mesh ones sitting on the bench at the back of the display in the direct sun and nowhere to get out of it and the snake was going mental in there trying to get out. some people shouldnt be allowed to do these demo's

I was hoping you'd say how the idiot got bitten and you laughed but that's sad

Some people need a slap upside the head! :evil:

What did you do? I hope you gave them a mouthful and embarrassed the crap out of them!!!!!

I think these people need a high five.....in the face.....with a chair :twisted:

just informed him that the bituman was to hot to be putting a reptile onto and also that i think his bhp is too hot but as the bloke would have been in his 50's and i'm 30 and had 3 young kids with me what would i know.

I'm not saying your wrong and he was right but a couple of things that come to my mind - a sand monitor would probably be adept at dealing with the temperature a road will get to, I imagine hot sand would get fairly close and the monitors I've seen out west have no problem feasting on road kill on a tar road in the middle of the day. As to the tapping on the glass, well it isn't ideal but sometimes the benefits of education outway the stress the individual animal suffers. Same thing as animals in a zoo. The BHP in the sun, well theres not excuse for that except unless you stood there for a while we don't know how long it was where it was.

same thing can be seen at certain expos I have been to

Report them to the RSPCA If enough people complain they will have to do something.

i saw a girl sitting on the beach with her bf and they had what looked to be a snake roughly the size of a fully grown childreni and they had it on the hot sand in the middle of the day with no cover or umbrella or water. I was driving past and stopped to check out the surf and saw them.

I'm not saying your wrong and he was right but a couple of things that come to my mind - a sand monitor would probably be adept at dealing with the temperature a road will get to, I imagine hot sand would get fairly close and the monitors I've seen out west have no problem feasting on road kill on a tar road in the middle of the day. As to the tapping on the glass, well it isn't ideal but sometimes the benefits of education outway the stress the individual animal suffers. Same thing as animals in a zoo. The BHP in the sun, well theres not excuse for that except unless you stood there for a while we don't know how long it was where it was.
i returned to the shop later that afternoon to get some drink bottles for my rats and the BHP was still in the same spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back