Increased Pattern Jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be breeding reduced pattern jungles and i can understand why, gorgeous colours etc but is anyone trying to breed more pattern (black) into them to get a black snake with almost pinstriped yellow in them?
I think it would be interesting to see.
Is getting more black into them not possible genetically?

yeah, are you breeding that one to something similar to try and get even more black?

its not mine just a pic of google hahah :)

and yup they are zebra jungles

More like this?
dcUUpC8.jpg

This one is a pure jungle that is located in Czech Republic.

If you want something locally, Snake Ranch have these darwins breeding at the moment.
8555767777_c868606635.jpg

wow, actually i do remember reading an article about the "panther" now that i saw the czech republic mentioned. I'm just curious about it really. Those darwins look cool too. Would these be consider hyper-melanistic?

B&GBLKYR#1.JPGB&GBLK#2a.JPG
B&GSuperBlk.jpgBLKYrling.JPG

Here are some that I have been working on, despite the criticism. The goal is to have something like that Czec thing Shaun has posted. The next breeding should clarify the genetics..

are the noticeably different when they hatch john or do they just change as they age?

I have learned to notice the subtle difference out of the egg, but the colour change is additionally enhanced quite early. Three out of the four pictures above are of specimens under 12 months of age. There are consistent numbers in a clutch to make it even more suspicious..

No offense, but 6-7k for an animal with a fairly basic(don't start) pattern mutation as this seems stupidly excessive to me...

That basic colour pattern is a key to even more future morphs. I believe Zebra x Zebra can produce a super, which is an almost solid yellow jungle.

That basic colour pattern is a key to even more future morphs. I believe Zebra x Zebra can produce a super, which is an almost solid yellow jungle.

When put into context, as a morph project, it now makes sense.

When put into context, as a morph project, it now makes sense.

Yep, could lead to many different things. I agree with you that otherwise it's a very average looking snake with a big price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back