Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is anyone from here taking any Diamonds or MD's to the SOFAR expo in Newcastle, who else is going, I am all cashed up and chomping at the bit to get down there, gunna do the Australian Reptile Park on Saturday then be waiting 30 mins before they open the doors at the Newcastle Jocky Club on Sunday, thinking of putting a cow catcher on the front of my purple 4 wheel mobility scooter to plough my way through the crowd lol, i will not be hard to miss, the bearded giant on the purple mobility scooter with probably my grand daughter sitting on my lap like the quenn of shiebah, hoping to see some of the folks from here down there, put some faces to the names.....................................Ron

Can't wait to go like you I'm cashed up and will be helping out this year as I have joined sofar this year . Can't wait to meet new people and make new friends it was something I missed when moving to singleton from gladstone central Queensland
were I was one of the founding members of the first Queensland reptile expo . And had been waiting for a way to get down to Newcastle for the sofar meetings.

Looking forward to seeing you and others there, I was devistated when the weather buggered up my daughters return home during the floods and the money i had saved for the Penrith Expo had to go to her for petrol to come home the long way round from the Gold Coast to Port Macquarie via Hexham, but this time Rain, Hail, Fire nor Locust will stop me going to Newcastle.................................Ron

In going, just not cashed up ;) haha. Just for a look. I hope I don't find anything awesome because I may have to break a bank ;)..

Taking a bit of cash but there are only two morphs I would consider buying and one isnt available to to public yet and I doubt the other will be there lol. I'll stock up on critter crumble while there though.

ahh i cant waait might get a male md hopefully there will be coastals

Hello Tinky

I am rostered on at the Turnstile Entry from 9am to 11.30, then Auction watch till 1pm. Make sure that you say 'Hello Tinky'

IMG_0103.jpg

PS Bring your cash! The ATM's tend to get cleaned out pretty quickly. Cant believe that Herpers spend more money in a day that punters at the horse races.

Still have had no luck in getting a table.Been told it is booked out,I guess we will find out on the day.

That is a fairly negative view Ramsayi, and table allocation has nothing to do with luck. Are you saying that SOFAR did not want to fill all of the tables? How would that make any sence. We did have some no-shows last year from people who had paid up for a table.

There is always issues with getting appropriate paperwork from breeders. The department make you jump through a thousand hoops to put on an event like this.

Anyway the Expo has been on at the same time for over ten years so its not like it is a surprise. I am sure that you are orgainised and have asked to be on the mailing list for next year.

i know rams tried to get a table tink,that place is big enough to have more tables than they do,so i dont understand why he cant.....unless he didnt get his app done in time??? if he applies and pays for a table next year and has a bad breeding year and has no animals for our expo,does he get his money back??

oh and tink,i'll be there about 8.30..... make sure im 1st in line plz :p :p

Last edited:
I'll be there not cashed up and working in a Sofar stall....

That is a fairly negative view Ramsayi, and table allocation has nothing to do with luck. Are you saying that SOFAR did not want to fill all of the tables? How would that make any sence. We did have some no-shows last year from people who had paid up for a table.

There is always issues with getting appropriate paperwork from breeders. The department make you jump through a thousand hoops to put on an event like this.

Anyway the Expo has been on at the same time for over ten years so its not like it is a surprise. I am sure that you are orgainised and have asked to be on the mailing list for next year.

Have they been selling animals for 10 years..?? I remember having a table at the first few, didn't think it had been going for this long, but geez time flies...:D:D

I am in the same boat as Rams, I think the problem is we have the Castle Hill Show, Hawkesbury Herps show at Penrith, then the Illawarra one, and Newcastle last. Unfortunately for us, we're not sure how many animals we may or may not have left by the time the SOFAR show comes along. Like what jacorin said, if we book a table and then have no animals left to sell do we get a refund..?? I understand from your guys perspective, but at least understand ours, I don't think Rams was being intentionally negative..!! Feel free to correct though Rams...lol :D:D

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back