reptile database

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacorin

Reaction score
has anyone or does anyone use the reptile database???? if so,does it work ok? pros and cons to it?? found it on ebay,and was just wondering

Attachments

• reptile database.jpg
    reptile database.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I never even knew there was one,thanx for this post i have just purchased it,so ill check it out and see how it is,cant complain for $26

If you have an iPad/iPhone I use an app called snake keeper. Records weight, feed, shed etc and I'm pretty sure it was only $2.

i'v seen it before, dunno if its good or not. i was thinking of getting one. so feed back on this product would be appreciated.

Yes I have although I admit I haven't used it in a few years only because cage cards kept in a folder for each species I have seemed a better way for me. But from what I do recall of it it was quite detailed. I'd like to use it again but I don't think I could stick to do the work on a computer. I prefer to have there cards on their enclosures and have everything written down in front of them. It's a good buy though if your willing to transfer your details to the computer

I paid $50 for it 3 years ago. So $26 is a bargain really

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an iPad/iPhone I use an app called snake keeper. Records weight, feed, shed etc and I'm pretty sure it was only $2.

Sounds good! I'm going to get it tonight, thanks for the input :D:D:D

There is an app you can get for iphone/android called Reptile Scan. A bloke on youtube who keeps hundreds of geckos said it's really good. It has QR functionality so you can just scan the code on each tub and it brings up the animals history, sheds, feeds, etc. I would get this if I had a big collection but for $24 it's not worth it for me.

I use this program.Have never lost any info yet.

default_zps77921b5f.jpeg

My thoughts be unless you have a large collection(20-30+) then Ramsayi's program is more than adequete. It's what i use when I can be bothered...

i started out doing that as well rams lol,but then i got slack(smack me)...... but ive seen this also in the bird section in ebay,so yeh thought i'd throw it out there

I just made up an excel template and have Rep name or id, feed history date fed amount fed and problems, shed history shed date and problems, and weight after shed, being a template it can be duplicated time and time again and is updateable to include any extra information and it is saved to an external drive, seems to work well for me, attactched is 1 that i did for 1 of my 2 babies.............................Ron

Attachments

• Book1.xls
    198 KB · Views: 78
I just made up an excel template and have Rep name or id, feed history date fed amount fed and problems, shed history shed date and problems, and weight after shed, being a template it can be duplicated time and time again and is updateable to include any extra information and it is saved to an external drive, seems to work well for me, attactched is 1 that i did for 1 of my 2 babies.............................Ron

I had a slightly simpler version, being just a yearly calender on a page. I just wrote a code in each daily box ie FR for fuzzy rat, S for shed/slough, an * for something different and had a list for notes on the back of the page. Made it easier for me, but we all do things different.

Daz

We use reptile scan app, it's for android and iPhone, its great, covers a great deal of things that you would want in a database, the basic is free and the full version is $26, give the free version a go and see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back