Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bohdi13

Reaction score
just curious to find something that means a lot to you to do with reptiles. it could be a DIY enclosure, first reptile, favorite reptile or a special reptile. my stimsons python means the world to me and when we moved i was so grateful to have him as my pet, he has never tried to strike at me 'nor had a feeding problem. have you even got a rescue reptile?

opened ears and eyes to see what you guys have.

cheers, Bohdi.

My very first dragon, Jasper, survived a broken leg and a broken jaw from MDB when she was really young. When I got her, we fixed the problem and both the leg and jaw healed perfectly with some antibiotics and some tlc.
Then 2 years ago she sent her eggs down the wrong tube to lay them and they got trapped and rotted, so we decided to operate because it was her last hope. She came through it like a champ and vet said she was spayed except for tiny sliver of ovary he couldn't get as it was still too inflamed.
Lo and behold she became gravid again, much to everyone's surprise and shock. She laid her eggs perfectly this time and we ended up with 20 babies. Because she was still recovering from surgery when she laid the second clutch, most of the babies died within a few weeks of hatching, but 3 survived.
I sold one and kept two, and even at 1yo they are seriously tiny still. My baby Peter-pan is the same size as a normal 3 month old dragon.
So not only is my big girl Jasper (7yo now) a miracle lizard, but her babies are too.

Well seeming as you bumped, I'm about to get my first snake which is a rescue, I've always been a sucker for a bargain haha. Should be picking it up next week once the paper work goes through.
even though I'm only new to reps I believe that your first of many things is usually special for some reason or another.

My very first dragon, Jasper, survived a broken leg and a broken jaw from MDB when she was really young. When I got her, we fixed the problem and both the leg and jaw healed perfectly with some antibiotics and some tlc.
Then 2 years ago she sent her eggs down the wrong tube to lay them and they got trapped and rotted, so we decided to operate because it was her last hope. She came through it like a champ and vet said she was spayed except for tiny sliver of ovary he couldn't get as it was still too inflamed.
Lo and behold she became gravid again, much to everyone's surprise and shock. She laid her eggs perfectly this time and we ended up with 20 babies. Because she was still recovering from surgery when she laid the second clutch, most of the babies died within a few weeks of hatching, but 3 survived.
I sold one and kept two, and even at 1yo they are seriously tiny still. My baby Peter-pan is the same size as a normal 3 month old dragon.
So not only is my big girl Jasper (7yo now) a miracle lizard, but her babies are too.

she sounds like an extremely strong and special beardie and certainly a miracle, great story! mind posting some pics of her and her young ones?

Well seeming as you bumped, I'm about to get my first snake which is a rescue, I've always been a sucker for a bargain haha. Should be picking it up next week once the paper work goes through.
even though I'm only new to reps I believe that your first of many things is usually special for some reason or another.

my first reptile is my stimsons python and he is so special, you really will never want to lose your first!

I have two favorites one being a coastal I bought not knowing she was a troublesome feeder after 6 months of battling I finally got her feeding well in this time you can build up quite a bond with an animal.
The second being my land mullet she's a big angry lizard who will take your finger off if she got the chance but she that is who she is and She's not trying to be something more than who she is.
In saying all of that I love all my reptiles for different reasons some for being my first one, others for being great handlers and other for the spicy personalities.

MY special is my DIAMOND SHAZZA. She was my first reptile until I got her I hadn't even touch a reptile as I had a fear of them so I thought to myself time to get over the fear and jump in the deep end...Now as time has gone by I've got my self a few cool reps but my girl SHAZZA is my favourite she was a great first choice to help me get over my fear , but know she has created a bigger problam I can't stop aqiuring reptiles.....

I have two favorites one being a coastal I bought not knowing she was a troublesome feeder after 6 months of battling I finally got her feeding well in this time you can build up quite a bond with an animal.
The second being my land mullet she's a big angry lizard who will take your finger off if she got the chance but she that is who she is and She's not trying to be something more than who she is.
In saying all of that I love all my reptiles for different reasons some for being my first one, others for being great handlers and other for the spicy personalities.

not looking forward feeding problems in the near future, congratulations on succeeding! hope goes out not having anymore feeding problems.

land mullets are very cool skinks!

chuch up some pics yeh?;)

2yhajypu.jpg

This is my mullet at the Illawarra reptile show and the below is a pick of my problem feeder coastal who is finally powering along.
y7e5ybyq.jpg

My first herp was a big bluey that had had her tail run over with a lawn mower when she was young. We found out she was a girl the the ten minutes before we got in our car to go camping.
We found several small baby blueys running around our outdoor enclosure!

So you knew it was still a possibility the dragon could become gravid , then while she was still on the mend you housed her with a male !!!. That's just crazy!!!.

So you knew it was still a possibility the dragon could become gravid , then while she was still on the mend you housed her with a male !!!. That's just crazy!!!.

mate i dont want no arguments, the guy you're giving your opinion too might know a lot more then you, and also know what he is talking about. How are you meant to know whether she was still injured anyways?

My first herp was a big bluey that had had her tail run over with a lawn mower when she was young. We found out she was a girl the the ten minutes before we got in our car to go camping.
We found several small baby blueys running around our outdoor enclosure!

would love to see some pics! just an eastern bluetongue?

2yhajypu.jpg

This is my mullet at the Illawarra reptile show and the below is a pick of my problem feeder coastal who is finally powering along.
y7e5ybyq.jpg

your land mullet reminds me a lot of the king skinks we have over here in WA, big skinks are cool !

your little coastal is a beauty not really into coastals but yours is very nice :)

I'll get some!
One of her surviving children unfortunately died of RI a month ago :(

And yeah they are easterns

Last edited:
my first baby is a little bluey called Anastasia (hoping it is a girl) she means a lot as she is the first I will have raised from a baby and my biggest jpy of all is my 2yo eastern bluey Milo

sorry 'nickg' pics didn't work, if you want a more efficient way of uploading pics get a photobucket account and put your photos on photobucket then copy and paste the image link into your reply. the photos will work every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back