Snappy yearling Bredli Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake-boy

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a yearling Bredli (Centralian) Carpet which is quite snappy and strikes when I put my hand in the enclosure. I have two other snakes which are fine and have never been aggro so this behaviour is new to me. Any tips on how to tame this guy ?

Good vid clip Have a 22 month old bredli that has been hard to calm down still likes to draw blood but will keep trying to settle her abit at a time

It's a bredli...it's what they do when they're small. Just give him time.

I have just got a 9 month old hypo bredli and he is as placid as the best of snakes......until he gets near my face then he hates me haha. Overall a nice handling snake that will still happily cruise around and sit on my shoulders but if I look at him while he's up there he hates it. Just handle him each day or two and maybe use a hook to start off with and he will come around. My jungle finally let me handle him for the first time tonight and only struck at me once. Good luck with your bredli as they are a wonderful snake

The bredli I used to have was a snappy little bugger as a baby. I found it made a big difference if I hooked him out of his cage rather than stick my hand in there. He was still highly strung once out, but more manageable. I kept doing this and eventually he just grew into a chilled-out softie. (Eventually I sold him, which I regret, but that's another story...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back