Is this roster legal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work 28 days straight, then have 9 days off before doing it all over again. 12 hours of solid work for every one of those days and then on call for the other 12 hours of that day, sometimes you can work for nearly 24 hours straight... it's not fun, but it's what some of us have to do to earn decent money.
I take it that you work in the mines with shifts like that? What is your companies fatigue policy?

Organising rosters - Hours of work, rosters & breaks, Accommodation, liquor & gaming - Industries - Fair Work Ombudsman

This should help, I don't think it's legal. You should forward it to the fair work ombudsman for some clarity on the whole situation.

It provides some idea, but it's a different industry. Everything changes between awards. Whatever award Shell is under will provide the correct rules.

Shell, I think your best option is to ask the Fair Work Ombudsman. They can give you a definitive reply.

That'll teach you, and anyone what not to do with a head chef.

What it taught me was to BECOME head chef and NOT treat people like cattle ( apart from the waitress's ) :lol:

:rolleyes:Ahhh but i have mellowed a lot now and are nice to everyone

I work a non roster .My hours are all over the place and i can work anytime of the day or night .Thursday night i started work at 8.00pm and worked right through without a break of any sorts till 4.15 pm on Friday (yes 20 hrs) and this was on virtually no sleep for 2 days before .I'm on a straight rate so no overtime no nothing .I choose to do it and i have been doing it for 20 yrs .You get used to it so if your not happy with the hrs talk to whoever does the rosters up and tell them of your concerns .Cheers

It certainly aint the best roster in the world but there are many worse out there and with so many days off I would swap ya.
But really...........Burnout??? On a 7.5hr working day.

I mentioned burnout because on this roster with so many breaks we can't leave for all of them so we just stay and carry on... turns out it's all going pretty well so far anyway...

It dosent matter who's done what and who's working harder. Suck it up and go with the flow comments are just not cutting it. What's important is for ALL employers to follow any given rules and regulation and for ALL employees to NOT suck it up if those are not followed. It's too many employers taking advantage of their staff cause people are worried about losing their jobs. If everyone could just learn to do the right thing it I'm sure most workplaces would be more efficient with happy workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back