Need with with ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseyBoa

Reaction score
Need help with ID

Hi all, I am new. I am mostly a boa person but I just acquired a Capet Python in a local trade. The guy, unfortunately did not know much about her. She looked healthy enough, and I wanted her so I went for the trade. I have spent all day comparing pics trying to figure out what type she is, but I am so lost. I even asked on a reptile page on FB and got a few diff answers, Jungle, and Coastal Jag sibling. From what I understand the different types are from different localities, so I figure care and behavior might be slightly different, so I would really like to figure out exactly what she is. Here are a few photos, they are kinda dark but the best I could do without spooking her (just got her didn't want to agitate her) Some of the markings closer to the belly fade into sort of a brown-ish color, and she seems to be kinda of a cream color more than yellow.

IMGP0104.jpg

IMGP0100.jpg

IMGP0095.jpg

(pics seemed to have resized, I hope they get hyperlinked to larger images or something)

Last edited:
Beautiful snake... the head markings definitely look jungle. There are white and black phases that naturally occur with jungles. I've seen them called ivory jungles.
The body pattern is nice she's not really ringed. More spotted :) kinda reminds me of an irian jaya pattern.
But I'm definitely going with jungle...
But she could be a cross.

Could be anything although you will have no shortage of people taking a guess.

Could be anything although you will have no shortage of people taking a guess.
Come on mate u be better than most in the Guessing comp..lol............there is no doubt there is jungle in there and if its young then the yellow gets better with age up to around its 2/3rd yr.....it looks exactly the same as my Black and Gold jungle when it was young but as Rams stated it really could have anything in it being from out side of Australia....Very nice critter and u will get more of an idea once it ages

Hey, sorry to be a downer but most Junges in the US are crossed with Irian Jaya carpets(m.Sp harisoni)...without a full history check it would be very hard to tell if it is 100% jungle or an intergrade. Looks like he has some Iraian Jaya in him (Head shape & head pattern) to me but that is just my opinion :)

Gorgeous snake none-the less! (And love the ETB in your profile pic!)

Hey, sorry to be a downer but most Junges in the US are crossed with Irian Jaya carpets(m.Sp harisoni)...without a full history check it would be very hard to tell if it is 100% jungle or an intergrade. Looks like he has some Iraian Jaya in him (Head shape & head pattern) to me but that is just my opinion :)

Gorgeous snake none-the less! (And love the ETB in your profile pic!)

Ok that is good to know. Someone above also mentioned that her pattern looked a bit iraian jaya. Anyway I don't plan on breeding her, since I don't know her genes (plus as I mentioned earlier, more of a boa person) So the possible cross isn't really an issue to me.

If I was selling it I would call it a jungle, if I was buying it I would call it a carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back