newbie help buying first Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike11

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I Have been doing my reasearch for quiet a while now on buying my first Pythons.
i have had my Albino darwin for over two years so i know how to look after a python, but as he was given as a gift by a friend who used to breed them, i have not gone through the whole buying process.

As many on the fourm say, make sure i buy from a reputable breeder to make sure i am getting a quality animal with proper lines.
I have my heart set on a pair of High yellow with deep black Jungle pythons (Non jag.)
I have read that even some people have bought from a breeder they thought was reputable but they were jags or sibs being sold as pure. The issue i have is that I have no idea how i can make sure that the breeder i am buying from is actually not selling a jag etc?

Another thing im getting pretty confused about is what line to look for as there seems to be hundreds of Jungle lines and i dont really know what one i would be lookng for.

Thanks heaps for any replies

As for the line itself I am not really any help. The best way to check if it is a jag or not is ask for a photo of the snake itself and of both its parents. You can generally tell if it is a jag as it will have minimized patterning. Hope that helps to some degree.

Ok thanks for the tip Barrett,
if anyone could also help further that would be great!

Jag sibs have no jag genes in them, but are generally just not pures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back