maintaining a healthy collection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cold-B-Hearts

What do you do to keep your collection healthy, disease free?
how do you efficiently clean your cages?
how do you keep your equipment sterile?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIODeFSaN84
This video interested me on how other people keep there animals safe.

the guy in the video is a clown IMO, going on about keeping everything sanitary etc, then doesn't disinfect anything, uses the same holding container for all animals, it just makes no sense. Think he has stumbled across the fastest way to spend a problem throughout his collection IMO

if i didnt have 7 kids i would love to have 7 snakes lol i dont have the time or space for more than one right now. I do think they are the easiest pet to look after though....very simple needs and basic common sense as far as cleaning go's. I have always used water only to clean.

Keep all the cages clean at all times use f10 to disinfect the whole enclosure if there is a mess

I use disposable plastic water bowls so new fresh bowls every day

I always disinfect everything before use and after use of any equipment.

with any new snakes always !!!!!!! QUARANTINE them.

i never let anyone touch or near my collection.

I go through so much paper towel and F10 its crazy lol !!

how do you quarantine your animals?
just keep then in there cages use different hooks etc?
thats the most ive ever done to quarantine my animals.

i quarantine mine in the garage away from the collection in the house! have a few tanks in there where i keep them for up to 6 months some times!

i also go through paper towels and F10 like mad!

I remember when I first bought a large bottle of F10 and thinking to myself 'wow this is going to last me ages' hahah how wrong I was

Mixed appropriately, a one litre bottle of F10 should last any moderately sized collection ''ages''.

I remember when I first bought a large bottle of F10 and thinking to myself 'wow this is going to last me ages' hahah how wrong I was

I remember when I got my first bottle, but I thought it would last a month tops, over a year later and I've still got the same bottle. I use it watered down in a water spry bottle every day.

Agree with most of the above with a BIG added feature..... Dont let other herp owners/purchasers near your collection or let them handle anything. This includes hatchies for sale, There is no need to molest a hatchie prior to purchasing it. Thats what your eyes and pictures are for!
Quarantine is a major player in buying new stock, We have a totally seperate address thats set up for any new purchases or anything that has been taken to an expo for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back