Commercial operators in NSW?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herpmado

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I didn't think this was allowed but just had a chap tell me its fine to do in NSW as they are a registered business. They are buying and selling reptiles without waiting the 6 months period. Was I right in telling them that they are probably being naive and breaking their licensing conditions? They run from a Facebook page and deleted the conversation I was having regarding the issue as I didn't think it was legal and was curious as to why NPWS would allow them. I don't think they have been in the game very long based off a few of their posts on fb page suggesting such.

Will appreciate your input.

Cheers.

In sa you can obtain a fauna dealers permit if you wish to sell under the six months

People do it and hide it by keeping breeding stock and inflating numbers bred and hide profit by selling them as gifts on license records

DEH probably doesn't know what they are up to. As far as I know, even big "commercial" breeders have to abide by the same regulations as every other keeper in NSW at the moment. Registering your activities as a business makes no difference to the way you can operate as far as DEH is concerned, but would have far-reaching implications as far as tax is concerned...

Jamie

can you pm me the facebook page please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back