The new addition to the family :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nellynake

Reaction score
So i have been nagging mum for ages about getting me a lizard (she get's annoyed quite easy ;) )
so i asked for 2 beardies for my birthday, and as you know 2 tends to turn into 3 in a matter of minutes. So i ended up getting 3 baby beardies. They are so cool. one of them is an idiot haha, s/he ate half a cricket and fell asleep. (i didn't get a photo :( ) There are going to be some amazing photo's of the reptiles when they get older. So i'm hoping I got 2 females ( 1 red and 1 yellow) and a male (yellow) i'm hoping that combination. I'm a little paranoid about them atm. I havent kept lizards before (5 snakes now 3 lizards)

Well enough babbling on, here's the beardies (dodgy pictures :\ )

mVTt7W9.png

oKg2d0M.png

YGTfeCh.png

:) I want them to grow a bit so i can hold them outside the enclosure. they fall asleep on my hand :)

I love the birthday present

P.s.
Mum if your reading this ( ;) ) I would love to get more snakes and lizards. maybe a pair of ackies would be cool. :D

Nice pics... Congrats on your new addition... I like the background in your photos...

Hahaha thanks :) it's just a desert kit from pet barn. the tanks only 45-45-45 but it came with a fair bit of stuff. I will be making something bigger soonish.
Do you keep beardies? i'm confused on what to feed them :\ I just have apple, bok choy and carrotin there for them atm. they prefer the crickets though haha. What's the best way to let them drink? I gave them a bath today haha. they are so cool when they are wet, they get sleepy haha.

By the way nice avatar picture thingy haha I haven't worked out how to set it up yet lol.

Don't be paranoid about them, they are great lizards right from the get go, they will calm down and you'll be able to just walk around with them on your shoulder....or head, as mine like to be. They are gorgeous, funny little things, and as they grow you will see how different each one is and get to know their little characteristics! Keep the pics coming as they grow!
(and Mum, if you're reading this, you're going to fall in love with these lil guys too! You won't regret it!)

Don't be paranoid about them, they are great lizards right from the get go, they will calm down and you'll be able to just walk around with them on your shoulder....or head, as mine like to be. They are gorgeous, funny little things, and as they grow you will see how different each one is and get to know their little characteristics! Keep the pics coming as they grow!
(and Mum, if you're reading this, you're going to fall in love with these lil guys too! You won't regret it!)

I'm slowly getting to know them better now haha. The yellower one ventured out onto my bed today :) . They have such a cool lizardality. they are so funny haha, they were all laying single file on the cactus today (i found that a little weird lol)
I have to say they are a lot faster then snakes, and the feeding is a lot harder to get your grounds hahaha. Just a bit iffy about what to feed them, I have given them about 10 crickets each a day.

On the upside, Mum thinks they're cute :D I might even persuade her to get some herself ;) (she won't buy it for a little while, too many animals she reckons)

Here are the better pictures :)

rwcjMsd.jpg

BvFrWmk.jpg

mNF8dOx.jpg

WJtMuej.jpg

i7F4dJm.jpg

Rq628SA.jpg

GVtWQQe.jpg

VqcOoe8.jpg

I really like photo #6, somehow the flash error makes it look pretty good haha.

Nice beardies,
looks like u will have lots of fun with them.....

Congrats on entering the next phase of your addiction ;)

Here's a good list of foods you can use, just be aware some of the names are different as it's an American site: Nutrition Content

Also, I would advise against your mum adding any more to the collection just yet - as it is likely all three will have to be separated in a few months' time due to dominance issues as they mature.

Congrats on entering the next phase of your addiction ;)

Here's a good list of foods you can use, just be aware some of the names are different as it's an American site: Nutrition Content

Also, I would advise against your mum adding any more to the collection just yet - as it is likely all three will have to be separated in a few months' time due to dominance issues as they mature.

Theres more phases :O what's next, mums going to love elapids :twisted:

Yer I was thinking of getting some more at the end of the year maybe. as you have probably heard the no more animals rule haha. I myself now have 6 reptiles (3 snakes, 3 beardies) I might get a frill neck, gtp, albino, rsp, albino olive, or something (pair) at the end of the year when the womas breed. I am going to maybe breed the beardies in 2-3yrs.

Thanks for the food guide by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back