Proud and digusted!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REPTILEBOY13

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i was truly proud of my mum today because while she was at work her coworkers started yelling, my mum was curious so she walked over and saw a young green tree snake, one of her co-workers was saying they should stomp it and kill it but my mum (who has one of the biggest fears of snakes than any animal) didt want to see it killed so she walked over and picked it up and found it weird that it stayed so calm she walked over to the bush and regrettfuly let it go (she thought it was so cute she wanted to bring it home.:D:x

she sounds like a great woman and certainly did the right thing, hopefully her co-workers get the idea and don't kill other snakes in the future. just tell her to be careful and show her your local snakes so she can identify it before she picks it up. pat on the back goes to her.

It sucks that that is people first reaction. Snake! Kill it! :x

Good on your mum though :) wouldn't have been easy if she's scared of them

Great job we need more snake empathy.

i was truly proud of my mum today because while she was at work her coworkers started yelling, my mum was curious so she walked over and saw a young green tree snake, one of her co-workers was saying they should stomp it and kill it but my mum (who has one of the biggest fears of snakes than any animal) didt want to see it killed so she walked over and picked it up and found it weird that it stayed so calm she walked over to the bush and regrettfuly let it go (she thought it was so cute she wanted to bring it home.:D:x

Good on your mother! However it would be worth while to make her aware of some of the differences between venomous snakes (elapids) and non-venomous snakes (most other snakes) so that if this occurs again there will be no unfortunate accidents.

she said it was a green tree snake she knows because i showed her a picture when i was interested in getting one.

she said it was a green tree snake she knows because i showed her a picture when i was interested in getting one.

What if next time there's a different potentially venomous species of snake? Then she could be in trouble - just trying to prevent any accidents from happening.

You have an awesome mum m8, sounds like she would be pretty easy to educate about the difference between elapids and all the others so that should now be your thank you to a gr8 mum, who knows maybe in time she might also share your passion............................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back