Goldcoast - what theme park for kids?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi im a local and should know this considering i live 15-20 mins away lol however with my tribe its a once in a blue moon thing. Anyways im wondering what park to take the boys to on Friday, is Movie world any good? we havent been there in yrs so im clueless. I know Dream worlds good but we thought we might try something different. Anyone been lately? mums watching my youngest so it will be kids aged 5-16...i want to go now before next bub is born.
Movieworld looks ordinary on the website.:?

Movie World for sure, they have something for everyone especially the age group you will be taking, the younger 1s will love Hannah Barbera land and the live street shows, you will all love the stunt show, the place just goes on and on, we were all up there a couple of months ago and it was brilliant, make sure you buy the bottomless coke/fanta slushy or drink you can have it refilled free all day at about 7 different outlets just make sure you keep your "BIG" plastic cup, we went to dreamworld as well and except for animal kingdem and the tiger shows at Dreamworld i think my family reckon Movie World is heaps better............................................Ron

Thanks Ron lol i shall def be getting the slushy! sounds like a good deal. I think you have made my mind up....and also i have half price tickets to movie world so even better :D

+ 1 Movieworld, have been to all three quite recently and Movieworld is my pick with Dreamworld a close second, poor old Seaworld is looking old and rundown and in need of some upgrades and maintenance .

Movie world then have a few churros and rums at the bar before going on the green lantern

We're up here on holiday at the moment and have been to all of them, my opinion, movie world. Something for every age as said in earlier posts.

just to be different... IMO you can't beat wet 'n' wild. You don't have to wait as long in the queues as movie world. My friends and I have the vip gold so we can get into any of the three parks but we still choose wet 'n' wild. For an adult to get into wet 'n' wild it is $40 but $80 for movie world! but both are amazing! :D

Movie world then have a few churros and rums at the bar before going on the green lantern

lol if i wasnt pregnant i would do it with bells on ;)

just to be different... IMO you can't beat wet 'n' wild. You don't have to wait as long in the queues as movie world. My friends and I have the vip gold so we can get into any of the three parks but we still choose wet 'n' wild. For an adult to get into wet 'n' wild it is $40 but $80 for movie world! but both are amazing! :D

lol Naomi the boys suggested that we go there however i have visions of myself getting stuck in the tube slide homer simpson style :lol:

Yeah Movieworld is fantastic. It has some decent rides. Green lantern is good and while fun, isn't over the top thriller. Quite reserved but not boring. Superman one was great too and while most of the ride was quite easy there is one thrilling part which was a bit addictive :p
One of my favourites was Arkham Asylum. (for those who went a while ago it has been all changed and you dont break your neck anymore) It's probably the scarriest one but I am not really scared of rollercoasters so everyone is different. It would have been my favourite ride there probably. oh but scooby doo was a LOT of fun even though most ages would be fine with it. Just an enjoyable ride!
But... nothing beats the Giant drop at Dreamworld. Have fun!!!!

lol if i wasnt pregnant i would do it with bells on ;)

lol Naomi the boys suggested that we go there however i have visions of myself getting stuck in the tube slide homer simpson style :lol:

Haha! When you said homer simpson i was like... um how does he know my snakes name! :O then I read it again and i'm like no not stimsons, simpson! LOL :D Yea the aqua loop is amazing! The tube looks small but you can easily sit vertically up in it (if that makes sense o.0), mind that, it's defiantly not for the faint hearted!

Yeah Movieworld is fantastic. It has some decent rides. Green lantern is good and while fun, isn't over the top thriller. Quite reserved but not boring. Superman one was great too and while most of the ride was quite easy there is one thrilling part which was a bit addictive :p
One of my favourites was Arkham Asylum. (for those who went a while ago it has been all changed and you dont break your neck anymore) It's probably the scarriest one but I am not really scared of rollercoasters so everyone is different. It would have been my favourite ride there probably. oh but scooby doo was a LOT of fun even though most ages would be fine with it. Just an enjoyable ride!
But... nothing beats the Giant drop at Dreamworld. Have fun!!!!

Told the mother it was a child's ride... comes up to the axe bit... sounds like someone just got murdered behind me... ;) it's probably one of the best rides their, beside batwing space shot!

I reckon if you have the money and the time and you want the kids to have the trip of a lifetime then i would suggest Gold Coast: "Movie World" Beerwah: "Australia Zoo" and Mooloolaba: "Underwater World" 3 of the best places i have ever been too, just make sure to allow 2 days For the "Australia Zoo", it is pretty hard to do that 1 in a day, even allowing for all the "Steve Irwin" hype Australia Zoo has to be 1 of the most diverse places for kids and adults to visit, even with my failing health i enjoyed it immensely....................Ron

well we went to movie world lol but didnt get in half price lol coupons werent valid :oops: till april - nevermind. Kids had a ball even if it did cost us a small fortune :D i found these little guys hanging around the water area thought i would share.View attachment 286029cute ey!View attachment 286030

Last edited:
Out of them all my boys love MovieWorld the most, and i must agree..although im pretty fond of Dreamworld too so cant decide which one is the best..
We went on scooby doo about 20 times, it is the funnest out of all the rides,, although i do love Superman for the rush..
One of the times we were on Scooby Doo it broke down, it was kinda cool because they turned all the lights on and we saw everything in the light..such an awesome ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back