is my beardy brumating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileben

Reaction score
Palmerston, Northern Territory, Australia
ok so she is staying in her hide most of the day and slowly loosing interest in food it is the hot time of the year up in darwin so I have had the AC on 22 at night and turn it off but leave the door and window shut the whole day so it would only get about 28ish are these temps a good temp for brumation and is this brumation behaviour? she is very fat so I think it would do her a world of good

Our pygmies are slowing down too, they eat about 1/4 of what they normaly do even though the enclosure stays warm. It's just that time of year I think.

My Henrylawsoni is slowing down also. Sleeping much more but occasionally she will snap up some crickets. If she is snoozing and happens to wake up and snap up a cricket that was hiding somewhere I will pick her up and place her near the basking light so she can warm up and digest the crickets before going back to sleep.

It's just that time of year it's natural for them to slow down, I wouldn't stress about it.

Ive recently noticed that with the change of cool weather my 3 month old Beardie is slowing down too... (even though I havnt changed any of the temps) seems to be the general trend...

Last year I didn't change temps but they still feel the Ambient change in temperature outside the enclosure which in turn cools their enclosure so I just shorten the daylight hours and keeping the window open does the rest

Last edited:
My male beardie is trying to brumate I think but the female is as lively as ever and keeps running and stepping on his face and waking him up. I separated them last year because this same thing happened, is it more common for males to slow down rather than females?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back