Expressions of interest for a Herp Group in Lockyer Valley

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2107

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
i am just curious does anyone know of a herpetology group in the lockyer valley. preferably ipswich or toowoomba
cheers

Interested also, would be happy to travel I'm at Clontarf, Redcliffe area...

i live in laidley out past ipswich yeah i would to find a group it would be fantastic, hopefully one comes up...

Ha ha good point cadwallader. its not a bad idea though there bound to be heaps of people who would be interested

Thats awesome Timmeh where abouts in laidley do you live??? love to meet other reptile nuts in my area

Laildey heights mate up behind the lake dyer. i am always in that estate got mates and my bro living in there

I reckon you guys should get in contact with Herpetological Society of Queensland and find out if you can start an incorperated branch in your area........................Ron

thanks for that ron i might just do that thanks for the heads up

I have live in highfields (outside toowoomba) and finding a group is impossible. I was talking to Garret i think his name is at scales and tails and he was from toowoomba, i mentioned groups and he said its to hard. With enough support and effort and group could be started. A great way to start would be create a group on here. See how much support you get. I will be behind it. Its not worth organising a get to together and only 3 people turn up. I know there is reptile people here, as i have bought serveral snakes from them and they all seem to have a pretty good collection. Its all just making sure people know that your group exist.

Hey pieBald, yeah i have been trying to find a group now for a while and its been very hard. i like your idea though i will defiantly see how much support there is for it out there and go there but its defiantly something that needs to happen in our area though

Hi guys and gals from the Ipswich area, i recently suggested you get in touch with the Herpetological society of Queensland and find out about incorporation into this group for a group of your own, well i received this PM from an ex member of the HSQ and the following is what it said
Hi Ron
Thank you for your interest in HSQ as a former committee member I regret to advise you that we no longer hold our monthly meetings
We are in recess atm, hopefully a new committee will be formed (?)
HSQ was established in 1994 and we had many great years of sharing knowledge, excellent guest speakers and good times but things change.
Hopefully the young folk around Lockyer Valley can organise something for themselves
Cheers
Sandee :)
the sender was "Wild~Touch" a member of this forum so maybe 1 of you should PM "Wild~Touch" and try and get some more info from him/her..........................Ron

Thanks ron you have been a great help its something i am defiantly goin to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back