Do snakes sneeze ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A jungle of mine seemed to sneeze, and cough when she had a very advanced case of r.i, even with weeks of medication she died :'(

If it happens again, i would take her to a vet,or go anyway just to check it out.

It may be the start of a respitory infection. Keep the heat up to at least 30 degrees constantly, clean the tank and keep it clean and give them a small water bowl to lower humidity. You can also give luke warm betadine bath to lossen any mucas.
If it is still weasing or sneezing in a week or so contact a reptile vet.

30 degrees? For a bredli crank your hot spot up to like 36 for a while and see how it goes, if it continues to 'sneeze' I'd take it to a vet.

wow really ?? Uh-oh !! I don't have heat on because the lady I got her from said I didn't have to worry about the humidity and heat until winter ( I'm from Far North Queensland) , but that's wrong i'm guessing ? I did heaps of research and didn't think to believe her..

Get her heat up ASAP and possibly seek out vet. Sneeze usually indicates some sort of respiratory illness :(

Okay thanks. How long can this problem be left unattended ?? It has been a week since I saw her sneeze for the first time (she may have been sneezing for long before I saw her) and is this life threatening ??

Okay thanks. How long can this problem be left unattended ?? It has been a week since I saw her sneeze for the first time (she may have been sneezing for long before I saw her) and is this life threatening ??

If it is RI, the longer you leave it the more life threatening it will get. Take to a vet to be safe.

Ive had my snakes sneeze once or twice before with no continuing problems (usually when they have just been brought in from the last owner). Unless you hear wheezing, putting the heat up might solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back