Anyone using this thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkbones

Reaction score
Just got this thermostat an wondering who out there is using the same an if they have had any problems.also have a couple of questions for the people that do use it.
1st plug is for the heat an the 2nd is for a light source which can be set with the inbuilt timer for this plug only.i was wondering if im going to give my snake 10-12 hours of heat an have it turned off overnight what is th best way to do it?plugging th heat source into a timer then plugging th timer into the 1st plug that controls the heat orrrrrrr is it a case of having to turn the whole thing off each night then resetting it the next day??(surly that wouldn't be the option sounds like it would be a pain in the butt)
any feedback would be good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 171
That thermostat is basicly the same as mine, so why don't you have the heat set to come on at 7am and go off at 7pm with a heat setting of 32deg then leave the second heat value at 00:00 that way you will only have heat for 12 hours then your second plug which is the light timer can be set at whatever you like, i have had no probs with mine at all, everything comes on and goes off as it should..................................Ron

I am using one of these too. I set my heat to 24 with a value of 4 degree drop. So at about 20 it will kick in and turn off at 24. I use that for night. During the day when my uv lighting is going, it will heat his basking spot up to around 32 with no problems. Havent had a need for extra heat yet

Bradles73au

That thermostat is basicly the same as mine, so why don't you have the heat set to come on at 7am and go off at 7pm with a heat setting of 32deg then leave the second heat value at 00:00 that way you will only have heat for 12 hours then your second plug which is the light timer can be set at whatever you like, i have had no probs with mine at all, everything comes on and goes off as it should..................................Ron
Yes I would love too an I would of.but the plug for heat doesn't have inbuilt timer only the 2nd plug which they say is usually for lighting.

I am using one of these too. I set my heat to 24 with a value of 4 degree drop. So at about 20 it will kick in and turn off at 24. I use that for night. During the day when my uv lighting is going, it will heat his basking spot up to around 32 with no problems. Havent had a need for extra heat yet

Bradles73au

but ur night heat that you set at 24 will still run through the day tho as plug 1 doesn't have the timer feature like plug 2

I use o 2 of them you can set 2 heats for one plug my light goes on at 7 and off at 8 and at night the heat goes down to 24 and day goes back up to 32, you just set the night and day hours and heats and it does it automatically

I use o 2 of them you can set 2 heats for one plug my light goes on at 7 and off at 8 and at night the heat goes down to 24 and day goes back up to 32, you just set the night and day hours and heats and it does it automatically

There are a couple of different versions of tgis thermostat. If I'm right, I'm guessing the person who posted this thread has the same as me. This one only has the option to setup one heat zone. The newer model has an option for day and an option for night time temperatures, which foolishly I didnt get. The better of the versions now also has a dimming feature. It controls the power output to the heat source and doesn't actually turn it on or off as such. It just supplies less power to source to meet set paremeters.

In relation to heating up during the day, my thermostat doesnt kick in yet as the uv light I have installed provides the right temperature where his basking spot is. This is where my temperature probe is. So durong the day Iighr have a temp of 32 to 33 there and a temp of 25 at bottom of enclosure.

I don't think havimg heat sources on a timer is a good thing due to obvoous risks (correct if I am wrong). A thermostat is the only thing you should be using to control your heating requirements

Bradles73au

There are a couple of different versions of tgis thermostat. If I'm right, I'm guessing the person who posted this thread has the same as me. This one only has the option to setup one heat zone. The newer model has an option for day and an option for night time temperatures, which foolishly I didnt get. The better of the versions now also has a dimming feature. It controls the power output to the heat source and doesn't actually turn it on or off as such. It just supplies less power to source to meet set paremeters.

In relation to heating up during the day, my thermostat doesnt kick in yet as the uv light I have installed provides the right temperature where his basking spot is. This is where my temperature probe is. So durong the day Iighr have a temp of 32 to 33 there and a temp of 25 at bottom of enclosure.

I don't think havimg heat sources on a timer is a good thing due to obvoous risks (correct if I am wrong). A thermostat is the only thing you should be using to control your heating requirements

Bradles73au

Damn this is the only 1 stocked at city farmers,didnt realise they had a newer model, thought this was it.i have brought 2 in a matter of 2weeks.1 for my hatchie which I keep on heat 24/7 so no need to cut out the temp at night and i brought 1 for my new bredli enclosure I made .i tried it out in the new enclosure and it worked good, then clicked , I didn't have the option to set the heat to run between certain times so I had to turn the thermostat off on my way to bed.wondered if plugging a timer into the heat plug on the thermostat an setting it to work from 7am-7pm and then the heat lamp into the timer.must be something I can do other turning it off every night an re setting it every morning

Damn this is the only 1 stocked at city farmers,didnt realise they had a newer model, thought this was it.i have brought 2 in a matter of 2weeks.1 for my hatchie which I keep on heat 24/7 so no need to cut out the temp at night and i brought 1 for my new bredli enclosure I made .i tried it out in the new enclosure and it worked good, then clicked , I didn't have the option to set the heat to run between certain times so I had to turn the thermostat off on my way to bed.wondered if plugging a timer into the heat plug on the thermostat an setting it to work from 7am-7pm and then the heat lamp into the timer.must be something I can do other turning it off every night an re setting it every morning

The problem with setting your heat source on a timer is that you dont have any control over heat generated and it will potentially keep warming up more until cut off time. You dont want to cook your pets. In regard to the thermostat, the updated model has the ability for day and night time temps and they cost the same as the original lol

Bradles73au

The problem with setting your heat source on a timer is that you dont have any control over heat generated and it will potentially keep warming up more until cut off time. You dont want to cook your pets. In regard to the thermostat, the updated model has the ability for day and night time temps and they cost the same as the original lol

Bradles73au

Oh ok.i thought maybe with the timer set to turn on an operate from 7-7 it would of stopped the light from working from 7pm over night and start again at 7am.

But wen it was operating between 7am-7pm it still would of run an controlled the heat since i was going plug the timer into the heating plug of the thermostat.

if that makes any sense lol

Damn also talk about rub salt into the wound lol wish they had the day/night time feature in the ones they sold

I have the same one(older version with one setting) that I run a heat mat off 24hrs for my juvies.
Works a treat, but the thing I discovered is if you want to run heating on a timer(with the old one) plug the timer into the heat plug instead of the unit into a timer, as the alarm will go off(an annoying loud beeping) every time the power kicks back in. I have mine running 24/7 so this isn't an issue...

One thing I really love about this unit is it retains its settings even when not plugged in :)

I use the same brand one but the day night one for one of my gtp, it works like a treat I have 31 day and 27 night, plus I have the timer which I can have two settings.

Oh damn lol tht what I want lol this 1 here ur heat has to be on all the time .looks like I'm going to have to turn it off each night.thts gonna b fun for the first night

haha yeah fun.... but yeah see if you can find the day night one, bit more expensive but alot better than the one your using. seeing as you can have day and night temp settings. plus a screen saying the temp.. unlike the habistat and mircoclimate day/night thremos

Just got this thermostat an wondering who out there is using the same an if they have had any problems.also have a couple of questions for the people that do use it.1st plug is for the heat an the 2nd is for a light source which can be set with the inbuilt timer for this plug only.i was wondering if im going to give my snake 10-12 hours of heat an have it turned off overnight what is th best way to do it?plugging th heat source into a timer then plugging th timer into the 1st plug that controls the heat orrrrrrr is it a case of having to turn the whole thing off each night then resetting it the next day??(surly that wouldn't be the option sounds like it would be a pain in the butt)any feedback would be good
I have a older version of this, they are pretty rubbish IMO, I believe mine had one plug for a heat controlled light, and one plug for a time controlled light, im pretty sure the timer did not apply to both.the other issue was that the timer works by selecting hours on and hours off and keeps very poor time, mine continually went out of sync with the days nights despite selecting exactly 24 hours total so would end up running either 30mins to 1 hour fast or slow and get gradually worse, I fixed this by running my lighting off a timer from bunnings, and my heat lamp is plugged into a separate identical timer which is plugged into the thermostat temperature plug side, so it ended up being an extremely overpriced thermostat for me :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i am using the newest model of this and it had 2 separate light timer function (Plug 2), its heat control can run both day temps and night temps (Plug 1). Im running a ceramic lamp so i dont have to worry about light at night. I keep daytime temps at 32 and night temps at 29. It is a dimming thermostat so it just reduces the current to the globe.
I am running this setup for my hatchling albino darwin.
I run the same system for my yearling bredli but without the dimming function.

I have the same one(older version with one setting) that I run a heat mat off 24hrs for my juvies.
Works a treat, but the thing I discovered is if you want to run heating on a timer(with the old one) plug the timer into the heat plug instead of the unit into a timer, as the alarm will go off(an annoying loud beeping) every time the power kicks back in. I have mine running 24/7 so this isn't an issue...

One thing I really love about this unit is it retains its settings even when not plugged in :)

Yes thats what I was asking.if I was to plug a timer into the heating plug on the thermostat then my heat light into the timer would that work .not plug the thermostat into the timer.wish I had the newer model that people are mentioning lol

haha yeah fun.... but yeah see if you can find the day night one, bit more expensive but alot better than the one your using. seeing as you can have day and night temp settings. plus a screen saying the temp.. unlike the habistat and mircoclimate day/night thremos

Im sure they are not going to want to give me my money back coz I now know of a better model lol yea this has the digital reading. shows the temp at the probe, what temp u have set the thermostat to turn in an off,time an also what time the lighting will turn on an off.plus also has an alarm if it goes past a certain point either side of my setting

Yes thats what I was asking.if I was to plug a timer into the heating plug on the thermostat then my heat light into the timer would that work .not plug the thermostat into the timer.wish I had the newer model that people are mentioning lol

It would work but u have no way of regulating the heat. You run the risk of cooking your animals. As for having a beeper go off because its too hot, what good is that if you dont hear ut or you're not home

Bradles73au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back