Anyone using this thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a older version of this, they are pretty rubbish IMO, I believe mine had one plug for a heat controlled light, and one plug for a time controlled light, im pretty sure the timer did not apply to both.the other issue was that the timer works by selecting hours on and hours off and keeps very poor time, mine continually went out of sync with the days nights despite selecting exactly 24 hours total so would end up running either 30mins to 1 hour fast or slow and get gradually worse, I fixed this by running my lighting off a timer from bunnings, and my heat lamp is plugged into a separate identical timer which is plugged into the thermostat temperature plug side, so it ended up being an extremely overpriced thermostat for me :(

This sounds like the 1 I just brought.its the only 1 they were selling so thought it was the latest model.
1st plug is heating plug an 2nd plug is lighting plug.only the 2nd plug has the timer option.and this was what I was wondering.if I could plug a timer into plug number 1 on the thermostat and then the heat light plugged into the timer

Last edited by a moderator:
i am using the newest model of this and it had 2 separate light timer function (Plug 2), its heat control can run both day temps and night temps (Plug 1). Im running a ceramic lamp so i dont have to worry about light at night. I keep daytime temps at 32 and night temps at 29. It is a dimming thermostat so it just reduces the current to the globe.
I am running this setup for my hatchling albino darwin.
I run the same system for my yearling bredli but without the dimming function.
May I ask how much that thermostat ur talking about cost???

It would work but u have no way of regulating the heat. You run the risk of cooking your animals. As for having a beeper go off because its too hot, what good is that if you dont hear ut or you're not home

Bradles73au

oh gez now I'm getting confused LOL

Y would it not regulate the heat??? Would the thermostat not work and do its job because I had plugged a timer into 1st an then my heat source into the timer???

You can get the dimming thermos on ebay for around 80 and I think its about 120 odd from reptile sites

Bradles73au

That is right, i paid $130 for mine, I have seen them on ebay but these are unbranded. (still look identical).

oh gez now I'm getting confused LOL

Y would it not regulate the heat??? Would the thermostat not work and do its job because I had plugged a timer into 1st an then my heat source into the timer???

I set my day temp at 32 and night temp at 29, if you only want it to run during the day you could always set your night temp at a very low temp like 5 degrees so it will not turn the heat source on at night.

That is right, i paid $130 for mine, I have seen them on ebay but these are unbranded. (still look identical).

Oh crap I paid 114 I would of pain an extra 16 to get the ones tht have a timer for the heat source

I set my day temp at 32 and night temp at 29, if you only want it to run during the day you could always set your night temp at a very low temp like 5 degrees so it will not turn the heat source on at night.

It doesn't give me that option for day and night time heat .plug 1 is for heat source that's it.no day/night setting and no timer,

Unless you got a timer with an inbuilt backup battery to plug into the thermostat socket every time the thermostat cut out the timer wouldn't work so it would get out of sync with the actual real time. The cheap timers have a small motor and gear box to turn a dial switch, so no power no turn. That is the good thing about habistat and microclimate thermostats as you can plug them into a timer and let the timer switch the thermostat on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back