Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckPhotographer

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went for a quick herp up the hill on the weekend. Photographed some of the things I saw>

Managed to photograph all three threatened species of Heath habitat frogs from the place I went to.

Pseudophryne australis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Litoria littlejohni by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Heleioporus australiacus by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Plus the more common Stripey

Limnodynastes peronii by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Found this DOR with an unusual tail hanging out.

Cacophis squamulosus by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Some Fungi, which I'm kinda just starting to photograph.

Fungi sp. by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Glowing Fungi_004 by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Blue Fungi_017 by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Blue Fungi_005 by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

IMG_9283 by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

IMG_9280 by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Finally this little snakey was on my toilet when I got home, so moved him outside and took some pics.

Morelia spilota by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Awesome photos! Did you try and remove the 'prey item' from the golden crowns stomach to see what it was?

Absolutely stunning photo's as always. I find myself looking forward to your posts more and more, they really brighten my day.

Kind Regards

Wing_Nut

That Heleioporus looks like he's been working out! I like how you got a shot of the Pseudo walking.. good pics, Stephen.

That Heleioporus looks like he's been working out! I like how you got a shot of the Pseudo walking.. good pics, Stephen.
Thanks, means a lot. Yeah Heleioporus males are just about the beefiest frogs I know of, that massive spine on their thumb is not to be taken lightly either. The australis was damn hard to photograph NOT walking, but they look best walking anyway. :)

I like all your frog and reptile shot this time Stephen ;) The P.australis is really pretty IMO and the H. austaliacus looks awesome too!

Wow, that photo of the snake with the tail sticking out of it is completely confusing me.. How is the tail hanging out of its body? You can also see something else a little further up! Is that snake injured or what?

Wow, that photo of the snake with the tail sticking out of it is completely confusing me.. How is the tail hanging out of its body? You can also see something else a little further up! Is that snake injured or what?

Its road kill. Awesome photos as always Geckphotograhper

Looks like a skinks tail hanging out of the snakes stomach.

Must say again.. great photos, and it's a shame that herping threads don't get much recognition on this forum. They are a whole lot more interesting than a pic of a snake in a box.

Great photography Stephen. The colours in the photographs of your subjects are wonderfully rich and natural looking.
I'm assuming that the juvenile Morelia spilota was a wild specimen. It looks like it has mites judging by the periorbital tissue swelling. Do you find many wild herps with mites like this?

I'm assuming that the juvenile Morelia spilota was a wild specimen. It looks like it has mites judging by the periorbital tissue swelling. Do you find many wild herps with mites like this?

It was wild, found it on my toilet one morning, took it outside and took some pics. I find many wild reptiles with mites, geckos especially are almost never without. I don't think this one actually had mites, and I don't think the periorbital tissue was actually really swollen particularly. This guy was very young, hasn't had a lot of time to pick up tons of mites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back