What are these!? Help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombok

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I was cleaning out my jungle's water. And I put this stick tape in there, just to experiment with holding the Styrofoam that is covering the back of the terrarium back. And then I noticed these things crawling around all over the place, so I took my jungle out, put him in the tub I feed him in, and am posting this right now. Are these mite hatchlings!?

Attachments

• 150398_521401971234733_1430008367_n.jpg
    150398_521401971234733_1430008367_n.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 326
Never ever use sticky tape in your enclosures! the snakes can get stuck to it and it can cause horrible damage to them.

as for the bugs, im not sure.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't going to keep it there anyway. Damn, they're like hanging from webs and stuff. O-O

Heh, okay! Not sure how they got in. o-o
I'll have to clean it out tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply. C:

they are actually weavel larva check your flour,oats and breakfast cereals as well..................................Ron

had those bugs in my house by the looks of your picture pretty damn sure they are moth larvae

what kind of substrate do you have? I had a bit of an infestation a few weeks back of little white insects that looked like 'book lice'. I removed the substrate (crushed wall nut shells) and switched to news paper. I haven't seen a little white insect since.

GeckoJosh and Ron are on the money. The black bit is the front end – hardened mouthparts and hardened head shield. As a generalisation, moth caterpillars often have a substantial amount of the head covered while beetle larvae (including weevils) often have just the mouth parts and the very front of the head hardened. However, they do vary and I would not be putting my money on them definitely being one or the other. Keep your eyes open for the parent(s).

StimiLove, if they were tiny, white, hairy larvae, they could well have been a form of Dermestid beetle which will happily feed on any dead bodies of insects or even some left over food items.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back