Dead tail......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jennistephen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how my python could of gotten a dead tail as its an albino Darwin hatchy and the tip of the tail is black?? Help needed

It is usually caused by having a retained piece of shed on the tail tip.Either that or it got it's tail caught in something but most likely retained shed.

Are you sure it's dead? Maybe it rubbed against something (possibly news paper) and gotten ink on it? Although this normally happens on the nose or head of a snake.

It happened to my coastal by not shedding and it's not the same so it might of got caught in something in his enclosure and does it harm them at all??

It happened to my coastal by not shedding and it's not the same so it might of got caught in something in his enclosure and does it harm them at all??
So its happened twice...usually as already mentioned its a retained shed..If its happened twice i would looking inside of enclosure to see if you can find anywhere it may of got caught...but its unlikely to happen to both snakes..unless there in same enclosure....

Retained shed. Need to ensure all skin removed post shed. The blackened tip is now dead and will drop off eventually.

It's not from his shed coz we have always made shore with our pythons with there she'd so I dunno what has happened

my BHP had a rotten tail end from a retianed shed but its droped of now and shes back to normal

There has been a disease going around not sure what its called but its pretty bad. A friend of mine works at a vet and they have to put down any reptile thats even suspected to have it, its super contagious. My jungle was put down from it. He started with a dead tail then he wouldn't eat, then I took him to the vet and the vet opened his vent and his his insides were rotting, his hemipenes fell out!! really bad and must have been very unpleasant for him.

There has been a disease going around not sure what its called but its pretty bad. A friend of mine works at a vet and they have to put down any reptile thats even suspected to have it, its super contagious. My jungle was put down from it. He started with a dead tail then he wouldn't eat, then I took him to the vet and the vet opened his vent and his his insides were rotting, his hemipenes fell out!! really bad and must have been very unpleasant for him.
I bet that just filled the op with confidence

Yeah i know, but i was just saying so she can separate the snake from the rest of the collection to avoid a massive catastrophe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back