Attaching some dowel to glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So I'm getting a hatchie RSP on Friday! Very excited! Anyway, I know most of you guys are click clack pro and so am I but, I have an exo-terra small rainforest kit that never did get used. So it was sitting in the shed, still in its box and whilst doing a cleanup today I thought it would be perfect for the new little addition. - Just as a side note though, if he shows any signs of stress I'll move him to a smaller click clack. But for now, I wanted to ask how I would go about attaching two of the dowels to the glass without drilling small fiddly holes.

Ive attached some photos of the dowel and the enclosure.

iphone 028.jpgiphone 030.jpg

Any help is really appreciated!

silicon something you can put the dowels into onto the sides like how a curtain rod gets attached or something

Thanks, the dowel actually came with little white plugs on the end so the can attach to bird wire. I'll try using the silicone to hold them in place

Thanks bk201!

At bunnings, you can get little plastic saddles that the dowel will sit in... They're cheap as chips and you can silicone them for glass or screw them into timber etc.

when attatching anything to glass you "must have" a surface area greater than dowel plugs or wire attachment fittings, the best way to do it is to drill a hole the size of the dowel in 2 pieces of wood around around 1 1/2 in sq, put the dowel in the holes then silicon the timber to the glass and clamp in place till dry, any other dowel's just repeat...............................Ron

I don't know if silicone is the best idea, the msds we have at work state that in temps higher than 30degrres then it can let off fumes. If you are going to use silicone try to find one that is designed for working with high heats and non toxic.

I would assume that the fumes given off are non toxic to reptiles or not of significant amounts because glass enclosures don't seem to have any negative effects on any of my reptiles or any that I have heard of.

Spirit gum.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fumes are highly toxic but the stuff in fishtanks is usually a different grade that is designed for that sort of thing. Just a warning as I was unaware until a few years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back