that'll teach you, you cruel cow....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Woman's house burnt down by snake she set on fire - Yahoo!7

One woman’s extreme reaction to finding a snake in her yard backfired in tragic fashion. After being set on fire, the flaming snake caused the woman’s home to burn down.KSLA News reports that the house fire started in Bowie County, Texas, when the snake’s burning body came into contact with a nearby pile of brush.
“While cleaning up, she saw a snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire,” Bowie County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Randall Baggett told the station. “The snake went into the brush pile, and the brush pile caught the home on fire.”
Oddly enough, a local fire department official says the incident isn’t as unique as one might think.
"Yes, it could happen with rabbits and big field mice,” Liberty Eylau Fire Chief David Wesslehoft told the station. “Once they start burning the grass, they get out of their hole. They have been known to catch fire and then take off."
Naturally, we prefer stories in which the nonhuman players are the heroes, not the victims. For instance, in December, one alert chicken reportedly saved the life of its owners when its clucking woke them up during a fire. Or, the hero rabbit that saved a family when their house went up in flames.
The resulting fire at the Texas home was so intense it completely destroyed the home and even burned part of the neighbor’s house. Even worse for the homeowner, local authorities reserve the right to file charges against her.

did not know snakes were flammable must of put a Lot of gasoline on the poor bugger

Would'nt wish that upon anyone,
If theres anything good to come from this. Hopefully its the exposure this story gets and hopefully the media stressed the point that its illegal to harm animals.

When it comes to cruelty to children and animals, they need to change the law to "Do Unto Others as You would have done to Yourself". I am not an especially religious person (in stating that particular quote) but if we cannot be "humane" enough to treat helpless creatures and children with dignity, respect and kindness then we probably shouldn't call ourselves "Human".

lol! i just read that and i couldnt stop laughing:lol:

serves her right treating them like that!
did the snake survive

Her love of fire won't be forgotten when she burns in hell. Some people really don't deserve a place on this Earth. Also, the snake is dead.

Got to agree with Barrett on this one! Ain't Karma grand!

The snake got his revenge just in time :twisted: Although I do think he should have wrapped around her leg instead of slitering off:twisted:

Thankfully in this instance there was no loss of human life and the agressor will live on to rue the day she burnt a snake, karma is good but not when we wish that another person should die for it to be good. Half the problems associated with the only good snake is a dead snake here and in the good ole United States of Goddamn America are the ignorant and uninformed journalists who sensationalize every interaction people have with snakes of all kinds, and it is not going to stop untill they are properly educated, and for that to happen they are going to have to want to be educated, so while ever headlines yell "Giant Snake Eats Pregnant Mother Alive" and sell the cupboard liners they are printed in we will continue to see ignorant and uneducated people throwing petrol on snakes and setting them alive. Sorry for this rant but it is a problem that has eaten away at me for over 40 years when i tried to educate my uncle who had a sheep station at Binda which is a little place out the back of Crookwell NSW, it did not matter what type of snake it was in his opinion the only way to deal with it was with his trusty 4/10, i tried to rationalize things with him by saying that if he got rid of all the snakes he would be overun by rats and mice, his reply to that was "No problem, i will just bait the place". How can you talk to a person like that......................................Ron

The snake got his revenge just in time :twisted: Although I do think he should have wrapped around her leg instead of slitering off:twisted:

I disagree. Burns heal, but hopefully she won't get paid out, so the financial loss will haunt her forever.

Thankfully in this instance there was no loss of human life and the agressor will live on to rue the day she burnt a snake, karma is good but not when we wish that another person should die for it to be good. Half the problems associated with the only good snake is a dead snake here and in the good ole United States of Goddamn America are the ignorant and uninformed journalists who sensationalize every interaction people have with snakes of all kinds, and it is not going to stop untill they are properly educated, and for that to happen they are going to have to want to be educated, so while ever headlines yell "Giant Snake Eats Pregnant Mother Alive" and sell the cupboard liners they are printed in we will continue to see ignorant and uneducated people throwing petrol on snakes and setting them alive. Sorry for this rant but it is a problem that has eaten away at me for over 40 years when i tried to educate my uncle who had a sheep station at Binda which is a little place out the back of Crookwell NSW, it did not matter what type of snake it was in his opinion the only way to deal with it was with his trusty 4/10, i tried to rationalize things with him by saying that if he got rid of all the snakes he would be overun by rats and mice, his reply to that was "No problem, i will just bait the place". How can you talk to a person like that......................................Ron

In total agreement with you Ron....although the us media isn't alone in the evil snake story race. 7 news did a mighty fine job last week when the gold coast girl got bitten by the one she sat on in the car. The idiotic, ignorant comments on the 7 news Facebook page made me want to smash my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back