Ideas for lighting?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb96

Reaction score
Hey guys, next weekend i'm going to be rebuilding and making my woma's enclosures a little different by halving the high they are and making two enclosures out of the one and I'm getting rid of my heat lights and using heat cords instead but i still want some sorta light in there so i can turn it on and still be able to light up there enclosures i was thinking LED strips but i wasn't sure if you can buy them all wired up and and ready to put in and plug in.
Just wanted to get some ideas off you guys

Cheers Caleb.

I got LEDs off eBay for my enclosure 5m of the stuff came wired up with a little adaptor for 12v conversion

Is it colours or just like a white light because i'm looking for a white light not like red and stuff?
Would you be able to send a photos to me of what it looks like?

Cheers Caleb.

Dude you can buy L.E.D (1 watt) strips from Bunnings with the mini ballast / ttransformer already rigged up ready to plug into the wall for $10... It's just plain warm white. but u paint over it with some cheap acrylic **** and make it glow whatever colour you like, i personally do mine with like an oxide green..but only run it for a couple hours a day usually during the end of the day and little into the night cycle so it doesnt mess with the snake's photo period too much .

No worries ! ..and beleive me man ive scoured lighting shops left right and centre to find other viable options and that seems to be nice and cheap and effective..

Yeah sweet as man heading to bunnings Monday to get all my wood and stuff for enclosures so ill get some of the led lighting two i need to light up 4 cages will i have to buy 4 separate ones?

Caleb.

Wicked.. Yeah you'll need 4 for sure, those $10 ones are fairly small, I dunno i'd rely on them for the tanks 'staple' lighting, but depending on tank size, 1-2 little strips really do work well for giving your tank a bit if flare ;) ...And u can also buy slightly larger strips for a couple bucks more man =)

Yeah sweet well the tanks are only 1200x600x300 the larger strip would light it up nicely how do you attach them to the wall or roof of the enclosure i was thinking silicon?

They have a back that paper backing that peels off leaving a sticky back which sticks them to the ceiling. I like to put a few staples in mine just incase it falls. I'd hate to have it stick to the snake!

I found mine on eBay with adapters for $5.50 :)

Yep. I use 3-4 staples depending on the size of the strip

The ones from buntings come with two little saddles u screw to whatever your mounting it too, then the strip just clips into those mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back