lts "not" rocket science

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

On this site and others there is all of a sudden ppl wanting to buy breeding pairs of Hypo Bredli plus l have had a few enquiries for proven breeders all since "it appears" NSW has/is allowing Bredli's into pet shops.
When QLD. said yes to petshops on our restricted list Macs were sought after in the initial stages and for 1 - 2 years were eagerly sought after at well above the normal enquirey rate solar 17

have they announced what species will be allowed into shops

never mind , just did my own detective work and found it in the other thread ;)

Last edited:
I've found a lot of new keepers over the last few years are asking for breeding pairs.Seems they want to get straight into breeding reptiles without having to grow young ones into maturity first.

have they announced what species will be allowed into shops

Yes Reptile_Issue

Yep, they don't want to do the ground work.
I just love how they buy a breeding pair, 1st year they get a clutch and all of a sudden they are top breeders and advising others how to breed. :shock:

its a fairly small list isnt it, but then again i dont know what victorian shops are allowed to sell but i do know its more than that, i'm not a big fan of buying from petshops as ya dont know the history of the animal unless bred by someone in the shop.

Don't really see what the issue is if they've done their research. The people that think they're going to throw 2 pythons together and get rich I can understand where you're coming from but why does someone have to keep a snake for a long time before they're allowed to breed them? Just seems similar to the 'newbies shouldn't keep snakes that can get big 6 years down the track' argument to me. Just my opinion.

Who decides when someone is worthy of breeding some snakes?

Detecting a touch of elitism here.

Don't really see what the issue is if they've done their research. The people that think they're going to throw 2 pythons together and get rich I can understand where you're coming from but why does someone have to keep a snake for a long time before they're allowed to breed them? Just seems similar to the 'newbies shouldn't keep snakes that can get big 6 years down the track' argument to me. Just my opinion.

Learning how to keep them correctly is the best way to start.Get a young reptile and learn as it grows,then when you have got the husbandry aspect down pat then have a crack at breeding.

Nothing to do with so called elitism.

Learning how to keep them correctly is the best way to start.Get a young reptile and learn as it grows,then when you have got the husbandry aspect down pat then have a crack at breeding.

I agree with this.
Growing a couple of hatchies to adults then breeding is really the best way.

That's fair enough, I agree people should understand the husbandry in and out for what they're planning on breeding. I guess it can really depend on the person, some people pick it up a lot quicker than others.

That's fair enough, I agree people should understand the husbandry in and out for what they're planning on breeding. I guess it can really depend on the person, some
people pick it up a lot quicker than others.

True but in a lot of cases you get ones who expect to be spoon fed all the info online.Seriously if a lot of people spent as much time observing their animals as they do looking on the interweb they would learn a hell of a lot more about keeping in general.

True but in a lot of cases you get ones who expect to be spoon fed all the info online.Seriously if a lot of people spent as much time observing their animals as they do looking on the interweb they would learn a hell of a lot more about keeping in general.

Couldn't agree more.

well its the gen-me generation. Instant gratification without putting in any effort.

I think it's better to grow your pythons up from youngsters before you breed. You can do all the research you like but when it comes to getting tricky hatchies to start feeding it's practice, practice, practice.

A book can teach you about cycling and incubation but it can't teach you how to read pythons the way you learn to after you've raised (at least) a few to adulthood yourself. After you've experienced some of the trials and tribulations of keeping pythons understanding them becomes second nature.

Buying an adult python that is fully established and shedding well doesn't teach you ANY of the skills you need to get neos through their first shed and onto food.

I hope this isn't directed at my wanted ad? I will have you know I am far from being a "newbie", have owned reptiles for over 10 years,have a class 2 license and a very sizable collection. Not to mention experience with everything from large monitors to colubrids. The reason I am looking for a hypo pair of bredli is because I like them, more to the point I have just completed a 15 bank enclosure system which needs to be filled.

If people spent more time rectifying their own problems like their GTP's continually prolapsing and stopped judging others it would go a long way.

.......IMO [Tesla]

I hope this isn't directed at my wanted ad? I will have you know I am far from being a "newbie", have owned reptiles for over 10 years,have a class 2 license and a very sizable collection. Not to mention experience with everything from large monitors to colubrids. The reason I am looking for a hypo pair of bredli is because I like them, more to the point I have just completed a 15 bank enclosure system which needs to be filled.

If people spent more time rectifying their own problems like their GTP's continually prolapsing and stopped judging others it would go a long way.

.......IMO [Tesla]

No one is having a go at you. In the last few days there have being quite a few wtb ads for hypo bredli from people who live in NSW. Coincidence? I think not. Obviously some of those would be because people have a genuine interest in the animals. Others will be from those who see it as a quick way to make a buck.

Strange on that list spotters and children's are in, stimsons are out. Anyone have any idea why?

everybody should just take a chill pill, the ones that think they are going to get rich will give it up because they will find there is no pot of gold at the end of the breeding rainbow, the ones who are doing it because thy love it will do it no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back