Hold-back Hypo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Baden, but have you bred hypo bredli to hypo bredli ? and what was the results in their offspring ?
thats what l breed all the time hypo x hypo but there is always a slight variation in quality....solar 17

very sad news..

I Have a hypo Bredli pair, will it produce all hypos? %50? none?
does co dom mean a pair will produce 100% hypos? is this the case with albino darwins? are they co dom?

I struggle to understand some of the genetics..

cheers JD
Darwin's are recessive
breeding hypo to hypo will produce more hypos then normalxhypo
cheers Liam

I have two hypos and I think there dad belongs to you Baden did you do a breeding program with a friend at the Sunshine Coast?

thats what l breed all the time hypo x hypo but there is always a slight variation in quality....solar 17

Still seam to be quite nice at that, do you have any 2-3 year old male hypos that you might let go ?

solar 17 is the hypo bredli king such top quality snakes great job.i have a classic bredli and have always wanted a nice hypo for my next snake so seeing this little one has let me know that that is what im sticking to....great job baden...AWESOME......

When I breed hypo to hypo bredli I just get different degrees of hyponess. I'm hoping in time I get all hatchies looking like Badens top notch hypos. I find with my hypo coastals(trublue bloodline), as well I only get 2-3 out of 12-15 eggs to be hypo. Usually these ones I hold back;)

Cheers, Dan

Last edited:
Hey Roger, hope you're all good up there mate. For the little it's worth I've been breeding them for years and see the same results mentioned and believe that it's not a mutation at all. Just a variation in the natural colour like you get in most morelia that can be line bred to reproduce. I think the mutation monikers get thrown around way too loosley these days without any concrete proving in some cases. Just my humble opinion bro.
Beautiful animal as always Baden. Shame hey.

Last edited:
That must have been devastating news. Such an incredible specimen lost! Hoping you are able to produce more just like her, but individual animals can never be truly replaced in my experience as each particular specimen has a certain quality to them that is so hard to reproduce.

Very nice Baden but can I ask your expert opinion on this one that I have found for sale.

Attachments

• 149037_4385171280466_857661558_n.jpg
    149037_4385171280466_857661558_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 105
Very nice Baden but can I ask your expert opinion on this one that I have found for sale.[/QUOTE/
andynic07 "Very Unusual" markings and colouration ??? but "one of" the pointers that make a good Hypo (IMO) is the amount of black or rather lack of it around the tail and that one has very very little :) B

Very nice Baden but can I ask your expert opinion on this one that I have found for sale.[/QUOTE/
andynic07 "Very Unusual" markings and colouration ??? but "one of" the pointers that make a good Hypo (IMO) is the amount of black or rather lack of it around the tail and that one has very very little :) B
It is listed as a hypo jag bred in Queensland. As you can see it is still young, what age would you expect the black to show up if it does.

Very Jag sib looking IMO...but i dont know Nowt...either way its a MIXER
Why a Jab sib and not a Jag? Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread so you can pm me if you like. Especially with the quality of the first pure snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back