Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am thinking its a person starting with J lol i was mia when all this happened lol but i may have my wires crossed View attachment 286191

J??? No this one starts with R. He was part of the forum before you joined. Luckily I think he only lasted a month before being suspended and disappearing. :) Unfortunately he is a member of another forum I enjoy lurking on. :(

I was Looking into custom enclosures earlier and stumbled across a post, on an fb page

"Sale of Reptiles in NSW Pet Stores - APPROVED

Posted: Friday, 22 March 2013 | By: SiteAdmin

The PIAA have been lobbying the NSW Government for nearly 15 years to have the ban overturned in NSW for the Sale of Reptiles in NSW Pet Stores. Well after a lot of blood, sweat and tears for the Directors, Staff (past and present) and Members of PIAA we have some fantastic news!
At a meeting yesterday afternoon with the Minister for Environment, the Honourable Robyn Parker, Bob Croucher and Roger Perkins witnessed the Minister’s signature on the “Approval for Reptiles to be sold in NSW Pet Stores” which was then sent to Parks and Wildlife and is effective immediately!

There are a lot of details to yet be confirmed. So Members please keep an eye on your emails over the coming week for important updates from PIAA about species, codes of practice, licensing and other relevant information about the “Sale of Reptiles in NSW Pet Stores”.

This is a huge milestone for our industry and the Association and does go to show that as a united front we do achieve results! A timely reminder of how important PIAA Membership is to your business and the entire Pet Industry!"

This concerns me immensly........
Mainly due to the implusle buyers out there, who will go out get there licence then after a week stop giving a stuff about the poor animal.
Then sit idle as it withers and dies........
Also would it encourage reptile breeding not unlike the puppy farms we hear about????
I think reptiles should be able to be displayed, in specific reptile shops but not bucket loads of hatchlings ready for sale......

I know the issues with improper care and horrible breeding practicies already exist,
I just feel the problem will worsen, once reptiles are able to be sold in pet stores

No I will not help you name your ........ ......... snake
fffffffffffffffff

fffffffffffffffff

But how do I come up with a super cool, unique, awesome name without posting a question on a forum? Surely complete strangers know what I like more than I do myself. ;) sigh.... I just ignore those posts, they got old really quickly.

J??? No this one starts with R. He was part of the forum before you joined. Luckily I think he only lasted a month before being suspended and disappearing. :) Unfortunately he is a member of another forum I enjoy lurking on. :(

i saw that the other day!!! no idea how to block him though....

fffffffffffffffff

People ask me what my snakes names are ***! they aren't dogs..........
but that is purely my opinion only:D
I know alot of people like to name there reptiles, i'm just not one of them.

my brother has ADD, ADHD, dislexia and suffers with depression and doesn't sleep and he is 16 and takes multiple medication and now i am told he also hears voices in his head that talk to him.

my 24 year old sister has been cursed by a cult and has 2 demons following her, she hears and sees things at night, she has been violently ill and in hospital alot for the last 5 months, had a preist perform an exersisem on her, she was on the floor screaming and ripping the grass up as people prayed over her.

my mother suffers from bad arthrites and has enough to handle with both my brother and sister but yet my 28 year old sister leaves her 2 year old out of control child with my mum 5 days a week so she can work and pay her morgage, and is pregnant and recons she will go back to work and leave mum with the new baby and her 2 year old.

my stepdad has taken off overseas, can't blame him. but its unfair on my mum.

i'm very different from my family, i'm the only normal one but they call me crazy cause i keep reptiles as pets.

ah, feels better to rant.

People ask me what my snakes names are ***! they aren't dogs..........
but that is purely my opinion only:D
I know alot of people like to name there reptiles, i'm just not one of them.

i stopped naming them when "Houdini" kept escaping, I now call him Hannibal, he stays in his enclosure but now luuuurrrrvvvvs the taste of human flesh..... I don't know where I went wrong....

my turn 2 vent lol got the poos with my old but new thermostat so dug out the reciept complained nicely to city farmers and got a replacment one $200! :shock: so that kinda annoyed me BUT the worst bit is im still yet to hook it up AND the flamin light cage i built for my night light was too long so i had to modify that lol cut my fingers on the wire and sweated my bum off doing it all - was harder to put back in than i thought with logs, lights and my coastal in the way :rolleyes: and its sunday night lol i hate mondays. I did get the light cage sorted in the end! Oh and the bloody birds were trying to attack poor gorgoo this sarvo lol so i had to use my super ninja karate moves to shuuuw them away *sigh* View attachment 286220 hard work being a scarecrow lol.

Spent yesterday at a baby shower while my partner and son took the boat out fishing.....:| They kept txting me photos of what they were catching - flathead and mudcrabs. :evil:.
Spent today converting a cabinet into an enclosure for Majjurn (BHP) - got it finished enough to rehouse him - feeling happier now. :D

Last edited:
I don't post incredibly often but I do read through the forums a lot. I am sick of opening a thread and being confronted by a WALL OF TEXT that is impossible to read! No spaces, no punctuation and usually no clue. I really don't mind If people spelling isn't perfect or they miss the odd full-stop but an effort could be made...

But dats just lyk lyfe I gues. Now I wander wat to call my pythn? mebbe I will get some1 to ID it 1st. haha lol

when a mate's mate buys a snake has it for a week or 2 and thinks he knows everything about snakes, when they themselves are too scared to even handle it lol and people that want a snake that doesn't bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back