What exactly is a 'Ghost Childreni'? Is it a good thing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachy89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what exactly a ghost childrens python is (as per the title)? Is it better/worth more than a regular childrens?

They are dead ones who haunt their former keepers for doing a bad job of looking after their pets.

Just a name decided by someone for a slight variation in colour to a normal one. Personally, i don't even think they should be given a different name, they are just on the pale end of the normal colour variation

Ghost animals are a reduced pattern animal which also has significant colour changes. It would appear higher temperature and sometimes feeding spurs on them changing from a dark brown background to a very light background. I also find the blotches/patterns are less bold.

Hamalicious, I have had a good number of childreni of various localities in my collection. ghosts can be as dark as any other childreni one minute, then next minute lighter than most blonde macs I've seen. Not something I have seen often with any other childreni.

Damian, or Peter birch (if he's even on this forum), would be able to

I had ghosts a few years ago. While they did change colour a fair bit I've got other antaresia that do the same thing. I had them for about two and a half years and moved them on.

My brothers childrens python is normally really dark during the day to the point where his blotches/spots match his background colour and its really hard to see them and at night his background colour becomes a really light brown and his blotches/spots stand out and can be seen really well. He is just a normal childreni.

This is a normal T+ hatchling.

ytedujyd.jpg

This is a Ghost T+ hatchling.

e7u2etyd.jpg

Very obvious difference. Not just a label ;)

This might help
http://reptileconnexion.com/site/?page_id=713

To the mods, the link is to the website of one of the sponsors. (Glimmerman)

Last edited:
Not 100% but I think brad walker had a line of childreni and the fact that there pattern faded out he called them ghost

I have two ghosts apparently, one looks like the light one in the picture, the other is pretty dark.
Thanks for all the replays guys, very useful :)

Here are a few of my ghost childreni to give you a raw view without any T+ albino influence.

Attachments

• APS_Ghost_juvie.jpg
    APS_Ghost_juvie.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Ghost childreni holdback_water.jpg
    Ghost childreni holdback_water.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 240
Well, one of mine is definately ghost. Are they worth more or much the same? (Not really fussed on what theyre worth, I'm just stoked to have them and curious)

When i purchased my Childrens Python the breeder said he has ghost in him, i'm not 100% sure if he is or not though. i've never really seen other baby children's before so i can't tell the difference. I hope he does, that really light one in the picture is beautiful!

I can not help but think owning a ghost would frustrate me as i look foward to fresh sheds, this just seems like a tease haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back