Red Bellie. Then and now.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whyme

Reaction score
This little bugger would only eat fish for the first 5 mnths of his life, unless I helped him eat "meat"! Now, like most rbbs, he eats whatever is put in front of him!!!!!!;) He's 6mnths old, around 2odd FT.

Attachments

• rbf1.jpg
    rbf1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 430
  • rbfr.jpg
    rbfr.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 402
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 335
I assume he only ate fish because he lived near water?on the property I lived the RBB's all lived near the dam,does this make any difference?

I assume he only ate fish because he lived near water?on the property I lived the RBB's all lived near the dam,does this make any difference?
Dunno. He was captive bred. 3rd gen. He was just one of those fussy buggers to start with. All brothers and sisters smashed pink bits and pinkies. Just a slow starter I think:D Main diet is skinks and frogs, from what I've seen, But they really do eat anything after awhile;D

very cute little guy. its great he is eating mice now makes it alot easier and less smellier.

Based on data collected from stomach content dissections of museum specimens, the diet, on average, is composed of 60% frogs, 30% reptiles and 10% mammals (in round figures). You definitely tend to find them wherever frogs are found but can also come across the odd individual some considerable distance from the nearest water body or swampy ground. They will readily enter water, are very proficient swimmers and will even submerge themselves. Seeing one of these freshly emerged from the water and still glistening in the sun is a sight not to be forgotten. They are quite magnificent.

Blue

Well worth the effort mate:)! Was he born at your place?

Based on data collected from stomach content dissections of museum specimens, the diet, on average, is composed of 60% frogs, 30% reptiles and 10% mammals (in round figures). You definitely tend to find them wherever frogs are found but can also come across the odd individual some considerable distance from the nearest water body or swampy ground. They will readily enter water, are very proficient swimmers and will even submerge themselves. Seeing one of these freshly emerged from the water and still glistening in the sun is a sight not to be forgotten. They are quite magnificent.

Blue

Ive had a wild one regurge a 1-2 day old baby pigeon.

yep there a big guts they would eat you if you were small enough lol mine gets plenty of sun warmth and eats just about anything that moves lol thanks god im not a rat .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back