Best heat mat methods?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob8290

Hi guys! I currently have a 5 month old jungle hatchie that I will be upgrading click clack size to a 30L storage tub on wheels. I'm just wondering how you guys use heat mats for tubs like this ? His current click clack has a 15 watt heat mat directly under it but with the large tub this isn't possible as the bottom of the tub doesn't come into contact with the mat and the heat from it when it isn't touching hardly heats the tub at all. What's everyone's methods for this sort of thing? Two tiles with the heat mat placed in the middle and then position it at one end of the enclosure? Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers everyone!

Tub with wheels no good there 20 mm space between tub and heat u need flat base tub to get heat

I'm assuming if it has wheels its got those thin plastic runs on the bottom preventing it from touching I just cut them off with a grinder if ya got one worked for me

You can buy a new tub that is perfect from the cheap shop for around $10.

Last edited:
I done as the 2 above.was easiest to buy a cheap flat 1

Are those large black tubs with the yellow lids, like the ones you buy at Wayne's world and those sort of places suitable? Does anyone leave a small gap for air flow between the two as I've seen some people reccomend on websites and threads here?

I just burn holes in the tub with my soldering iron the same way you do with a click clack. I would use any flat bottomed tub with a tight fitting lid and clips to secure the lid.

I meant leave a gap for the air flow of the heat mat and tub. I will burn vent holes just like a click clack

I meant leave a gap for the air flow of the heat mat and tub. I will burn vent holes just like a click clack
I usually have it under a tile still and the tile will help regulate the temperature better and then put the tub straight on the tile. Some mats come with little rubber feet and these work well on the tile to raise it off the heat mat.

The gap is between the heat mat and the tile in my case and not the tile and the tub.

Is it completely essential to have a gap between either the click clack and heat mat or heat mat and tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back