what if you accidentally sell to someone without a licence?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tahnbug

Reaction score
What happens if you sell to someone without a licence?

I sold some lizards to some people (who assured me over the phone that they had their licence and would bring it with them) and when they arrived to collect their lizards after more than an hour's drive they had left their licence at home. After some umming and ahhing when I was reluctant to hand over the reptiles, they realised they had a picture of the licence on their phone, but it was blurry and illegible. I took this as a sign of good faith and sold them 4 hatchlings. They assured me they would resend a better picture of the licence when they got back, and I'm still waiting, so now I'm starting to think I've been played!
What happens in this situation? If these people turn out to be dodgy and don't send me the photo, can the DSE revoke my licence for selling to unlicenced people? My reptiles are my life and I would be devastated to lose them!!!

Or you could explain to the dse what happened and give them all the details you have for the people and I'm sure you will be alright. You might get a talking to but that's most likely it.

Thanks guys, I will give them a call tomorrow and see how I go

I spoke to the DSE today and they were really nice, they said to just put down all the info I have (i.e. their name, phone number and what happened) into my record book in case I get audited to show that I did all I could to rectify it and to log it in my Wildlife return as a normal sale. She said they won't take the lizards away :)
It sounds like it should be OK
Thanks heaps for your help everyone!

Question not needed any more sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back