First python - Adoption/Rescue Aproved YAY!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowballlz

Reaction score
Rutherford, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
So I'm getting first python next week and its as the title said a rescue/adoption through my local club.
From what they have told me its well temperd, feeding well on rats and is approx 18-24mnths old. Plan on keeping it for a few weeks in a large tub so it has time to settle in before moving it into its life time home a converted wardrobe (still under construction), the tub will end up being where I feed it once its moved out.

The main question I have is with an older python that is used to handling what's the protocol with handling and settling and feeding. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for?

oh it's a jungle x something, possibly coastal if that helps.

I joined SOFAR at the Reptile Expo (my first visit). Have you been to any of the meetings at Wallsend?

yeah I have been to a couple. they are great really friendly and everybody is up for a chat or 21 questions in my case haha. I highly recommend going, The meetings I've been to they have show and tell which is great. If you end up going to one say hi, I'll be the tall skinny guy with my wing man Ryan.

Yes, I plan to attend the next meeting too. I'm the short little Chinese lady! Pretty hard to miss in a crowd. I've been told that I am the most unlikely looking snake catcher they have ever seen! I've also been told that I look like a Lotus Blossom but talk like an ocker lol!!

Sweet I suppose I'll see both of you guys there then. Omg Teresa I think I saw you at the sofar expo, I can't really remember but were you wearing dark green clothes? Possibly outdoorsy style.... I could be wrong you are not the only Chinese in newcastle. As a matter of fact I have Chinese Inlaws I love it when they come over soo much good food not like that take away stuff.

Yes, I had dark green jeans on at the expo. I usually dress like that every day because I'm on call for reptile rescue at all hours and have done lots of calls late at night. Just this year I was bagging a Golden-crowned snake right on the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve in a lady's bedroom at Dudley. I'm a chef too and use to teach Commercial Cookery at TAFE. Now I am an artist and snake catcher! Jack of all trades eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back