Hi everyone,

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa

Reaction score
I have been a volunteer reptile rescuer for 5 years with a native wildlife rescue organisation in Newcastle. Finally, I have got around to joining Aussie Pythons and SOFAR. Also went to the Expo on Sunday for the first time and bought some more equipment for my adopted Spotted Python. I'm a Natural History Illustration artist so will post some pics of my snake artwork later. Look forward to learning more on keeping snakes from you guys and photos of your beautiful reptiles.

Hi There Teresa. Looking forward to see some of your art work.

Meeee (novacastrian) ;) Hi, welcome :) would love to see a pic of your spotted.

welcome! Looking forward to seeing your art! and your snakey :D

Art

Diamond.jpg
DiamondHead 2.jpg
Here are a couple of my artworks

Welcome to the forum Teresa great to have you join us. Sounds like you have a dream job, your work is fantastic. How long would it take you to complete a head detail like the one you have posted?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Thanks, I had to reduce the file size right down cos it was taking too long. I'm still learning how to insert images and reply. It must be an old person thing! Do you know what the multi-quote icon does?

Thanks for the compliments. The Diamond in the tree took about a week and the head profile about 5 days. It's a scale by scale process with shading and highlights on each scale. As an natural history illustrator it has to be perfect. Scientific illustration using stipple is an image made up entirely of dots! Looks great when finished but can nearly send you mad. I was thinking about having a stall to showcase my work at the next Newcastle Reptile Expo.

Multi-Quotes is the 3rd tab bottom right. After "Reply with quote"
Great job. Excellent even.

Multi quote lets you quote multiple quotes from one topic in to one post to answer or comment on saving you from multiple posts. Great work on your illustrations wish I was that talented.

My "Beautiful" Spotted Python

spotted python.jpg
Here is a pic of my Spotted Python called 'Beautiful'. It was nearly full grown when adopted through Hawksbury Herp Society after being rescued. It has a very small head but a big healthy body and I think that it is because it was fed too much when small before its head had time to grow at the same rate. Any confirm that this is the reason for a small head and big body? I heard that they can develop fatty liver too if body is too big.

What a gorgeous Spotted and jee! You are a FANTASTIC artist!!!!!! well done on thos illistrations :)

Thanks for the kind words. I've painted all the snakes commonly found in the Newcastle area and just starting on snakes found in the Hunter Valley as well. I am going to the Australian Museum to access the preserved specimens so I can get the details of the heads exactly right. It will involve going to the Reptile Park too to access the live ones. Plenty of work that should keep me busy until the end of the year as well as snake catching.

"Beautiful" is in really good condition but how do you know if they are getting too fat? Have you heard of them getting fatty liver and how do you know if they have it?

Hi Teresa, I'm not sure about the fatty liver. Maybe start a new thread and ask. Surely someone would have some info on it.. Beautiful is suited to her name :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back