Outside Skink Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi..

I need some help..i want to make some kind of outside enclosure/ pit for my 2 blue tongues and eventually put a few more skinks in also.. i cant build anything really, so just need some ideas on an easy way to do it.. eg: what to buy, how to do it.. does it need to be all enclosed? Im a DIY noob basically..

If anyone has any good ideas for me, (pics are always good) pleaseeeee share :)

You can get some ready made puppy fence type things. You could use one of those and then get some fine mesh and tie it to the bottom so they can't escape. Ive been meaning to do this as well so ill find some ideas and post them here

Thanks Ham :)

I actually used a rabbit/guinea pig hutch that had been made.. but was made poorly and the blue tongues escaped.. it was a good idea at the time, lol

Sel look around at raised garden beds. Most are colorbond, some companies will make em to your design too. Im sure theres someone on here close to you that wouldnt mind helping

R33c3 yeh that one is great, id like something similar.. but i cant build lol

Thanks Dangles, will check out bunnings for some ideas..

Thanks R33C3! : )

Hey Sel, if you haven't got a mate who can help build, then include in your budget a half a days pay for a handyman.

I'm hopeless with building but was lucky to have a mate who was good at building not to mention a reptile keeper as well : )

So yeah ring around for a handyman that's willing to build you an enclosure. I can send you more photos and dimensions if that will help and you can show that to him and I'm sure he can figure out the rest.

Just depends on how bad you really want an enclosure.

Mine cost me $160 for ALL materials. Clear roof sheets, Treated pine and cut at Bunnings, Roof nails and Treated pine screws.

Hope this helps.

except for the lack of shaded areas and the fact that if the animals bask in the suns rays through the laserlite they will be getting zero UVB

I have not yet updated the thread with photos.
They have plenty of shades, at least 1 for each of the occupant.
Not to mention the neighbours tree that provides shade to at least 1/3 of the pit.
Sun hits the pit at 10am and leaves at 5.30 ish. When I say pit, I mean inside the pit, not through the roof sheets.
Plenty of UVB.
: )

Sel theres a few tank/raised garden people up your way. Just google raised garden bed central coast and look yhrough them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back