pin head syndrome?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
lol yes i can imagine theres been threads on this before but it sounds so weird and wrong....is there any truth to it? i have browsed a few web pages on it however they all say different. It doesnt make sense 2 me :? just curious.

lol yes i can imagine theres been threads on this before but it sounds so weird and wrong....is there any truth to it? i have browsed a few web pages on it however they all say different. It doesnt make sense 2 me :? just curious.
I am yet to see a picture of a pin-headed snake so I am under the impression its a myth. Someone feel free to change my way of thinking with a pic though.

A ''Pin head'' simply come from growing a snake too fast..too much feeding , liberal and excessive care of your animal.

I had (sadly they passed) 2 of the most obese Pythons returned to me after 5 years. the owner must of been feeding them every day for they last 5 years. 2 MD's with a combined weight of - wait for it .......... 17.5kg. I tell you now! their heads were in proportion. It was quite sad to see them in the state they were.

I had (sadly they passed) 2 of the most obese Pythons returned to me after 5 years. the owner must of been feeding them every day for they last 5 years. 2 MD's with a combined weight of - wait for it .......... 17.5kg. I tell you now! their heads were in proportion. It was quite sad to see them in the state they were.

Wow that is heavy. I am sorry for you loss. I hate it when people don't spend the time to research their pets needs before they buy them. :(

The breeder I got my two MDs off told me the first time he bred the Mum she was 10 years old and 11kg... But I saw her and she didn't 'seem' obese.
Fed a full grown Rabbit every two weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back