Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel994

Reaction score
Hi
My brother currently has marbled geckos and a Central bearded Dragon and is wanting to take a step further,
I was wondering what would be the next "lizard" to get any help or ides would be appreciated.
Cheers.

I would suggest some type tailed gecko really interesting geckos and are fun to watch!!!
cheers riley

Thankyou
But the new Enclosure we bought him is 5ft L*3ft W* 4ft H and im thinking it might be a little bit big for the geckos.

Thanks for the idea's!
Which Monitor would be the best to start off with?

Ackies are a great starter monitor, full of attitude and personality but still manageable for someone starting with monitors....

With that enclosure I'd suggest something more arboreal, like some Gillens or Blackheaded monitors? That's a massive enclosure by the way lol...

I'd definitely check out monitors. The enclosure is more suited to arboreal species, but it can be furnished to suit more terrestrial species. Here is a picture of my ackie enclosure (more in this album), there are remarkably arboreal for a terrestrial species!

Attachments

• IMG_2318.jpg
    IMG_2318.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 145
Get a blue tongue, pretty layed back, very easy to feed and they handle very well.

Personally, I like to keep the in 1800 x 600 mm (6 x 2 ft) enclosures. Most keepers say 1200 x 600 mm (4 x 2 ft) is minimum. However, with monitors the more room you give them the better, it won't go to waste.

Make a sweet Eastern water dragon vivarium man !..i had one years ago in a similar size tank, it was awesome!...little bit more maintanence though when waters involved =)

Harley

There tons of fun to make and looks absolutely stunning !

and P.S - Robo that is a wiicckkeed set up dude. legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back