bhp price

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffa_8

Reaction score
How much would a normal bhp hatchie cost these days. not het for anything just a normal bhp.
cheers

I got a 2yr old pair qlds bred by SXR for 800. I'm really happy with them and they are awesome snakes.

Like everything you get what you pay for, I'd like to say the starting price for babies is at least $500 however some breeders seem to be undercutting and selling for $400? I love mine and chose them due to their colouring patterning etc. :)

As with any it depends on the quality of the animal. (Or if the owner really wants to sell quickly)
Start at around 450 if you are lucky and upwards of that.

ok thanks everyone. still trying to con my girlfriend. she is fine with all the other pythons but she reckons the black head just freaks her out

I would love a bhp, but with a recent snake byte episode showing dens pythons collection I personally think it's not worth with. He will release all these awesome Morphs pushing the average bhp price down to 100-200 dollars. This is what I think, don't be turn off bhps as they are great snakes.

I would love a bhp, but with a recent snake byte episode showing dens pythons collection I personally think it's not worth with. He will release all these awesome Morphs pushing the average bhp price down to 100-200 dollars. This is what I think, don't be turn off bhps as they are great snakes.

So you want one, but wouldn't buy one just because they're going to become cheaper because there are Morphs on the horizon?
Can't seem to follow the logic there...

So you want one, but wouldn't buy one just because they're going to become cheaper because there are Morphs on the horizon?
Can't seem to follow the logic there...

Im saying I wouldnt buy them at the current price if in a couple of years they are cheaper.

Personally I don't see the morphs affecting the current price of BHP too much, as normals are still very desirable. Snakes are worth what people pay for them so while people are happy to pay $500+ for one I see no reason the prices would drop. I can see that the price of morphs will eventually fall more drastically than normals (eg. Axanthics) as they become more readily available, just like albino Darwin's did. But once again while people are paying the asking price they will stay the same price.

Like everything prices do come down over time but you will be waiting a long time if you want to buy a black head with a bredli price. Unlike carpets, aspidites lay much smaller clutches and it takes a lot longer for the market to become flooded with them, hence why they keep their price.

ok thanks everyone. still trying to con my girlfriend. she is fine with all the other pythons but she reckons the black head just freaks her out

my missus said she wasnt going to like the BHP when i got it, in her words " i love the snakes with the big boofy heads" like the bredli's and diamond i have but once my NT BHP turned up she was in love, she can't believe how stunning it is........i'm gunna hold her to her boof head claim for when i get the death adders. But on price i got mine for $450 but that was last years price when i put the deposit down i know that from talking to a couple reconised breeders there arent alot arount this year so that has pushed the price up seen some QLD's for 6-700 on here the other day

I paid 500 each for my two and they were worth every dollar. I don't think the morphs with affect the price much as even the standard bhps are stunning animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back