RIP AaE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo2

Reaction score
Jumped online this morning to confirm some details for a mate wanting to transport his bredli from Melbourne to Brisbane only to discover that Qantas freight have taken over (probably in name only) AaE. New web link and no useful information in sight - unless you own a fluffy kitty or dog, of course.

When are these people going to pull their heads out of their collective arses and realise that, and provide information for, pets also include more than just 2 genus of animals??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Qantas were always a part owner..
People need to start flooding customer relations with phone calls and e-mails. they may listen.

Not sure about any other states but my drop off's are at the same place. Headsup if your sending smallish items in lunchbox sized tubs for the 1st time, they now slap a huge plastic invoice envelope sleeves over the top of tub so make sure there are sufficient holes in all the sides for ventilation. ;) Prices seem to have stayed the same.

Qantas were always a part owner..
People need to start flooding customer relations with phone calls and e-mails. they may listen.

or they may decide it is all too difficult and stop allowing reptiles to be freighted.

Qantas have always half owned it and have bought out their other partner (auspost wasn't it??). AaE had all the info on their website for quite a few months and have slowly being changing AaE to Qantas freight. All pick ups and drop offs should be in the same place. Prices are the same. The only thing that has changed is the name and some of the paper work, eg, the massive freighting invoice they shove on the top.

I don't like the changes to the website. It makes it really confusing.

Jumped online this morning to confirm some details for a mate wanting to transport his bredli from Melbourne to Brisbane only to discover that Qantas freight have taken over (probably in name only) AaE. New web link and no useful information in sight - unless you own a fluffy kitty or dog, of course.

When are these people going to pull their heads out of their collective arses and realise that, and provide information for, pets also include more than just 2 genus of animals??

AAE was started in 1992 as a joint venture between Australia Post and Qantas (both having 50% shares). In October 2012, Qantas proposed that it take over Australia Post's 50% share, in return for Qantas passing its 50% share in Star Track to Australia Post.

I believe this took place in November 2012 - The deal was believed to deliver an additional $30 million for Qantas in which it used to pay off debts. The new company was to be called 'Qantas Freight'. AAE leased several aircraft from Qantas and used spare capacity on regional flights to transport freight around the country.

I am guessing we are starting to see the rebranding occur in light of the changes.

Yes, I was well aware of the previous business relationships that comprised AaE.

Any info on deposit address changes or permits etc..?

Good luck finding any useful info on the new website.

As is so typical in any company rebranding - change must occur for changes sake............

bart you have described the process perfect this has been happening for a while....Qantas should keep the status quo..so to speak...

One of my other interests is aircraft so have a few contacts in the industry and often hear of the goss going around....:D

I thought it was the other way around, I thought they were owned by Quantas freight and then were bought out by Star Track express. I believe i's still called Quantas freight.

Meh, as long as my baby greens get here happy and healthy I don't think they'll give two wags of the tail who bought them here. As far as shipping from my end, still looks like I'll be up at 5am to get the animal there at the precise, minute long window that they are willing to receive them :/ (I am exxahurating slightly)

That and the new Brisbane depot is at a new address the google navigation refuses to acknowledge the existence of.

Last time I had to collect a reptile I had to call them because I was flooded in and had to arrange permission for another keeper to collect. One of the menu options directed me through to Star treck express.

I thought it was the other way around, I thought they were owned by Quantas freight and then were bought out by Star Track express. I believe i's still called Quantas freight.

Meh, as long as my baby greens get here happy and healthy I don't think they'll give two wags of the tail who bought them here. As far as shipping from my end, still looks like I'll be up at 5am to get the animal there at the precise, minute long window that they are willing to receive them :/ (I am exxahurating slightly)

That and the new Brisbane depot is at a new address the google navigation refuses to acknowledge the existence of.

Last time I had to collect a reptile I had to call them because I was flooded in and had to arrange permission for another keeper to collect. One of the menu options directed me through to Star treck express.

I believe it was October 2, 2012 that Qantas sold it's stake in Star Track to Australia Post ( I also believe from a friend that it created a nice little jump in the Qantas share price at the time also....:D)

I will be surprised if it makes much difference to their operations in terms of carrying and destinations served. They still run the aircraft today that were delivering the freight (ie - reptiles) for us yesterday - they just own 100% of the company and not 50%.

I believe the sale was more about securing funds to pay off debt (the reason why their stocks reacted positively) and moving away from road based freight (Star Track) as it is not core business. It made more sense to sell this to Australia Post as it better aligns with their core business.

Just large business re-aligning its functions and reducing debt.

I also thought it was bought by startrack. There is a huge restructure going on with startrack also so its all confusing. One of my suppliers uses startrack and I get 3 different deliveries from them a day. Each one a different arm.

I also thought it was bought by startrack. There is a huge restructure going on with startrack also so its all confusing. One of my suppliers uses startrack and I get 3 different deliveries from them a day. Each one a different arm.

I was commenting purely on the corporate side of the business where the ownership changes occurred....This does not necessarily mean the changes will flow through to the retail level. Often large companies like this will enter into agreements at different levels of their respective organisations, which is why multiple companies often operate out of the one address, an quite possibly why you get deliveries in 3 ways from what appears to be the same company.

If you ever need to speak to the counter staff during non busy times and after hours try 3874 7012

AAE is qantas
Startrack is Auspost from oct last year.

I work for post and heard this in oct last year. Formerly they were both co owned by the 2 parties

at work we use aae but not any more star track one of the biggest transport companys brought aae and now will not give out con notes you have to buy them at extra cost.
our aae driver came pass and said things are slow they closed one of there warehouses at botany and fired 10 plus drivers and reduced hours of staff.

There was an integration of the 2 companies earlier on.

Startrack did not buy AAE. AaE was jointly owned by Qantas and Auspost. Same with startrack. Oct last year saw qantas trade their half of startrack for ausposts half of AAE

Company History

Last edited:
just to make it more confusing Startrack was sold off to DHL(Germany) and also TNT was sold to UPS (USA) and Toll now belongs to the Chinese so pretty much all Australian freight companies now belong to overseas entities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back