Beware!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous_RBB

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Well this week has been a really long one.
As a favour I decided to look after this guys snakes as he was moving and had no where to keep them. Although I didn't know him very well I met him on this SITE. He came to have a look at one of my snakes who was not doing too well a few weeks ago and I was thankful for his advice. He seriously must of seen me coming ...
I arranged to meet the guy last weekend to pick up his snakes, half an hour away. I ended up taxi him around to various locations to pick up his snakes and their gear, it felt really weird having nearly a complete stranger in the car with me and my younger brother. I had no prior knowledge that this was going to happen. We had discussed me looking after the snakes for a week and then he started talking about a month, really putting me on the spot with all of this.
When I got home and looked at his snakes, they were filthy and in filthy conditions, I had to clean them, which wasn't easy and they must not have been handled much as they were all aggressive. Being bitten by all of them except for one. Now if someone got bit by one of my snakes, I would have gone and picked them straight up. Not this guy. All week he was trying to talk me into buying his aggressive snakes and pushing me into keeping them longer. And telling me all his problems about how broke he is and how he's got all these bills to pay and no one will give him a lift to pick them up. No wonder! I started to get a very uneasy feeling about this person as the week went up and kept asking him when he can arrange to pick them up.
Today this all came to a head. I needed the snakes gone as I have family arriving from Brisbane tomorrow and I just didn't feel comfortable having any further dealings with this guy. He kept saying he couldn't arrange to pick them up and couldn't I just drop them back. I told him I was busy, but he wouldn't take no for an answer and finally said I could just stick them out in the shed with a blanket over them until he could make arrangements. They would die as we don't have electricity to the shed and it's open to the elements.
With my father, I finally worked out to take his snakes back and he would give us $30 for petrol, never offered anything for when I picked them up or looked after them. Tried to fob me off with some skinks that I just found out are not even on licence, as you know I released them. We drove over there and he came out as I was getting the snakes out and him and his wife started removing the snakes before we could say anything. They quickly hurried them back inside and shut the door in front of us, he came out and said he had to get some money as he had $100 and needed to break it so we took him down to Coles. Again, driving about 5 minutes away with him in the car with us. He got some stuff and said he would be back and went over to the booze shop, me and my dad was watching him the whole time but he nicked off. This guy is not to be trusted whatsoever, obviously he has ripped other people off as NO ONE wants to deal with him. He is selling two jungles (male and female) under 5 years old, one water python female, one intergrade which looks like a jungle cross. He said he has a buyer for these, boy do I feel sorry for them.
He can come across quite helpful but DON'T trust him. He is now threatening me and I have been to the Police which will be getting in touch with him. If you wish to know more PM me privately.

Holy dooly and to think all you were trying to do was help! had to laugh at the 'selling' his snappy snakes 2 u! You would think the least he could do after all your troubles would be to 'give' them 2 u . It will make u think twice about helping out again, i know it would me.

.....Hope u feel safe and the police stand by U........very difficult situation.....U cant trust or do anyone a Favour these days...Best of luck RBB hope he gets hung out to dry!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how people can get their snakes so filthy and unhealthy all it takes is 1 feed a week and a cage clean once a month, and not even acknowledge that you tried to help the people. What an idiot. Sounds like a stressful week.

Wow , why is he threatening you?

I dont think so..!! =P

we can't name and shame on this site. i feel so sorry for you.

I don't think you can name and shame on here it is against the rules but you can pm people his name if the enquire. Terrible thing to happen, I have had a bad situation with someone on here as well.

Feel free to PM but due to learnings from past history, no naming on the open forum please

But since you can't name and shame some poor person will get the same problem

Why people would trust any stranger on here is beyond me. Yes, you all love reptiles and want to do the right thing by them, but jeebus Christ there are some weirdos in this hobby.

ive met some great people in the hobby over time, but honestly the majority are absolute nutcases!

Only snake people, the lizard crowd doesn't seem to attract the same inordinate number of unsavoury characters.

Ahh geez RBB that's a horrible act. Feel extremely sorry for you. Hopefully the snakes get a decent future. If the next buyer decides not to take them I can only imagine what the bloke would do to the poor things. Hope there aren't any following problems with the guy. Mind chucking me a PM with the blokes name?

Hopefully you still had an enjoyable Easter and the following week is better!

I don't think you can name and shame on here it is against the rules but you can pm people his name if the enquire. Terrible thing to happen, I have had a bad situation with someone on here as well.

Yeah it is a shame I cannot name and shame but anyone that wants to know just pm me, the people that did want to know, I will pm you.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad situation as well :(

Feel free to PM but due to learnings from past history, no naming on the open forum please

Yep Sniper is correct, hence why I have not named the person, it took me all my strength trust me.

That's because snake people like snakes are anti-social...

lol oohh no is this going to turn into a snake people are bogans thread and lizard people are not haha 1st thing my husband said when i announced i was getting my 1st snake was 'Ohh B ...dont do it, only bogans have pet snakes' LOL i was like a. i am a bogan (a classy one) and b. thats so not true :lol:

Why people would trust any stranger on here is beyond me. Yes, you all love reptiles and want to do the right thing by them, but jeebus Christ there are some weirdos in this hobby.

ive met some great people in the hobby over time, but honestly the majority are absolute nutcases!

Ha ha, I asked myself the same question afterwards. Wont happen again. I seriously have met only nice people in this industry and unfortunately I have alot of trust which is not so good in this industry :(
Every single person I have met has been nothing but helpful and has given good advice so this was a kick in the guts or if you want - it opened my eyes which needed to happen.

Biggest bad thing - he knows my address.

Wow, you poor thing RBB! :( I'm glad it is all over and that you were able to give them back (Probably not the best situation for the snakeys though :?)

Enjoy the rest of you Easter! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back