F10 dilution rate question. (WARNING - Boring but serious... or seriously boring!!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM1982

Reaction score
<BEHIND YOU> ...(if your in Melbourne and your
Just wondering what dilution is being used for general cleaning and what dilution was being used for hand sanitation.

I was planing in 1:500 for both
(1 spray bottle, used on hands and for full vivarium cleaning, discarded after a month of not used)

Any 'yay or nays' from ppl using the stuff? Tips?

Thanks,
Jay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 76
I use 3-4 ml per 500ml spray bottle, I don't see the point of being stinge with it ( not sayin that you are)

i use F-10 on anything animal/ reptile related. i also use the spray bottle. lol i once used 2 bottles of pure F-10 to clean 8 enclosures though it was over kill, they were second hand and i am paranoid.

usualy i use 10ml - 20ml in a 500ml spray bottle but i am over board.

i would follow the directions that should be on the bottles...
the dosages suggested would most likely be the maximum amount before level off happens and adding any more has no additional benefit to effectiveness...

I spray it on everything but the animal or its water bowl, literally anything else gets nuked when needed

GOOGLED
For use against the most resistant viruses such as Parvovirus or PBFD at 1:125 (8ml in 1 litre)

Not reptile related though

I use the strongest ratio as well, in a spray bottle. Anything new that goes into my enclosures gets sprayed a couple of times as well just to make sure. I also use it for general cleaning, especially if there are poos. That being said, I don't go through a 500ml spray bottle very quickly, so I reckon my 200mL bottle should last at least a year.
Because I work with other reptiles outside of home I spray not just my hands, but my whole top before I handle my snakes as I'm paranoid of bringing disease into my home. Once again, I use the strongest ratio for spraying myself.

I buy 4 litre bottles of distilled water and make it up at the 1:125 strength. For general cleaning I dilute this 50:50 with water. The F10 bottles are very easy to get the correct percentage as they come with a measured attached chamber.

I use the strongest ratio as well, in a spray bottle. Anything new that goes into my enclosures gets sprayed a couple of times as well just to make sure. I also use it for general cleaning, especially if there are poos. That being said, I don't go through a 500ml spray bottle very quickly, so I reckon my 200mL bottle should last at least a year.
Because I work with other reptiles outside of home I spray not just my hands, but my whole top before I handle my snakes as I'm paranoid of bringing disease into my home. Once again, I use the strongest ratio for spraying myself.

cheers, ill call this case closed! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back