electronic snake repellers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffa_8

Reaction score
Do these actually work?
It says "it emits a pulsing vibration, which the snake picks up through sensors throughout its body. The snake perceives a danger zone causing them to evacuate the area; most snakes will retreat almost immediately".
I thought the snake may have been curious and investigated it rather than scare it away.
Just a neighbour has it and reckons it works.

No, i remember Neville Burns saying during one of his shows that he has found snakes laying next to them!

Snakes use vibrations to track their food... wouldn't the vibrations trick them into thinking it's a rodent moving around and attract them?

There have been a lot of threads about this, search for 'sentinel' or 'snake repellent' and you should find the info you want.

sssssnakeman (i forget how many s's are in there) just did some filming for one of the news stations finding a number of snakes in the vicinity of one and even had one next to one and it just wrapped around it. They're on his youtube channel.

Tony Harrison from Reptile Relocation and Awareness has produced dozens of Vids on YouTube showing snakes living in, on and around these repellers.

They rate well up there with ultra sonic pest/mosquito repellers, total rubbish!

Yeah i never believed in it i thought it would be just another scam. Someone has made a lot of money with this crap. I thought about leaving snake sheds around them to see what they say. Could be funny

Most likely your neighbor stomping around checking his repellers that is scaring any snakes away!

Dont waste your money! They do nothing. If vibrations really had some influence on snakes I wouldn't get call outs to remove then from D9 bulldozers and 40 tonne excavators ha ha lol:) We take one out on our ven courses and show that they do not worry snakes at all. They usually crawl up under it and go to sleep. ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back