Cheaper thermostats in the UK.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone used the Lucky Reptile Thermo Control II before??

I do the exact same thing snowman! It's still cheaper for me to buy in the uk even tho I can get them at cost price here in Aus! The wiring isn't to hard if u know what your doing ether!

UK is 220/240v just like us, so there is no problem there.

The Herpstat, as mentioned earlier, is 110v therefore not compatible. More info on that here ...........

No links please ;)

sorry, couldn't help myself....

Yep as Rob said, UK and most of Europe are on the same voltage as us. They just have stupid plugs and sockets is all :)
Steady there snowy lol........plugs r plugs lmao

forgot.............. at least r's stay in the socket lol.........well used to till i moved here ;)

forgot.............. at least r's stay in the socket lol.........well used to till i moved here ;)
I've used both. As an electrician I can tell you the Australian version is far more superior (just like our native reptiles) I think you have a user error.

How do you go with any sort of warranty on the product?

Regards

Wing_Nut

How do you go with any sort of warranty on the product?

Regards

Wing_Nut
I'm far too wealthy to worry about warranties :p :lol: But seriously 2 thermostats for the price of one. Who cares about the warranty on a $50 thermostat?
Also refer to post #1

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of good stuff on that site snow!does any one know the regulations with shipping liquids? Say 1ltr of f10 hahaaa

I'm far too wealthy to worry about warranties :p :lol: But seriously 2 thermostats for the price of one. Who cares about the warranty on a $50 thermostat?
Also refer to post #1

Fair point. I can't fault that logic.

Regards

Wing_Nut

Never quite understood why you pay so much more for thermostats in Australia compared with the UK. Coincidentally I received an Email today from one of if not the cheapest places in the UK for thermostats saying they are no longer operating their on line service. As the shop is miles away from me that's a real gutter.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

We pay a lot more for reptile products in Australia because they are not manufactured here. This means to import them we have to pay 10% tax, upto 15% on duties and shipping can be up to have the cost of the item. Porr resellers in Australia have to now deal with up to 75% increase in cost on the buy price and still have to make a profit. With the world economy as it is it wont be long until all purchases are done online and we have no retailers left. Companies like ebay will be the big winners.

Never quite understood why you pay so much more for thermostats in Australia compared with the UK. Coincidentally I received an Email today from one of if not the cheapest places in the UK for thermostats saying they are no longer operating their on line service. As the shop is miles away from me that's a real gutter.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Speaking of Thermostats from the UK has anyone been able to find a seller recently? I'm in need of 2 more but i cant seem to find a seller that posts internationally anymore :( If you have a link to one can you PM me pleaseeee....

Speaking of Thermostats from the UK has anyone been able to find a seller recently? I'm in need of 2 more but i cant seem to find a seller that posts internationally anymore :( If you have a link to one can you PM me pleaseeee....
Seems the one I named has been deleted.... Though I only gave words to google to find it :)
Look on my home page lots of nice pictures in my albums.... Even one of a thermostat.

Last edited by a moderator:
We pay a lot more for reptile products in Australia because they are not manufactured here. This means to import them we have to pay 10% tax, upto 15% on duties and shipping can be up to have the cost of the item. Porr resellers in Australia have to now deal with up to 75% increase in cost on the buy price and still have to make a profit. With the world economy as it is it wont be long until all purchases are done online and we have no retailers left. Companies like ebay will be the big winners.

We would pay more if it was locally manufactured. The minimum pay rate in the UK is about $9, where as in Australia it is about $16. That would be an 80% price increase based solely on the labor to make the product. One of the reasons we pay more is that the market is smaller in Australia so the profit margins on the product need to be greater. In the UK a store can possibly get by making 10% profit on a product because they can sell large numbers, in Australia the demand isn't as high so they need to have a higher margin. Also, the sourcing of products in Australia is screwed. A middle man will come along and buy the product in question from a retailer overseas. He then imports it and puts his margin on top of it. If the retailer imported the product themselves then they wouldn't have to cover the cost of the middle-man and his employees. Australia are stuck in a business structure that is 20years out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back